Bowler 2 - Electric Boogaloo (The end of the UKFF)

PowerButchi

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know about this abit of what promoters have said in the past but I am just interested on what promoters on here have to answer about this question

How do you get a big ad in the newspaper and do you pay for it or is it free? I seen like PCW and a couple of others get big stuff on the newsboards ect and I am interested on how they do it and if they pay or get it free.

• Moderators

martinQblank, relpacing truthofsin as the second most tedious person in this thread.

Yeah, he's fucking awful. I was all excited when I saw there were several new pages since the last time I came in this thread, and it's mostly him being a total knob.

I know about this abit of what promoters have said in the past but I am just interested on what promoters on here have to answer about this question

How do you get a big ad in the newspaper and do you pay for it or is it free? I seen like PCW and a couple of others get big stuff on the newsboards ect and I am interested on how they do it and if they pay or get it free.

Most local papers have a separate advertising email you can use for enquiries but if not just send an email to their general one and they'll send you a price list.

http://www.clearchanneldirect.co.uk/?keyword=%2Bleeds%20%2Badvertise&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmKG5BRDv4YaE5t6oqf0BEiQAwqDNfM08OWl4_6KyMpmcg4jURKD419OlWR6fwGlH1Sj1h3gaAtFD8P8HAQ

Above is for Bus stop shelters and big notice boards etc.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/advertise-with-us

Above is a local newspaper, no idea of the area it operates and if it will be worht your while however.

You will need to pay, so work out if the overheads are worth the return etc.

• Paid Members

If you want an advert you're obviously going to have to pay for it. However, most local papers have a 'What's On' or entertainment section where they cover local theatre, music, comedy & other performing arts. If you provide them with decent high res pictures & a well written press release (written as if it's an editorial covering the event, not just the card listed) you'll often get the same amount of page space as you would for an advert but for free, depending what else is being covered obviously.

Edit: Also, if you've not got an existing relationship with your local paper a good way in is to offer some free tickets as part of a competition. In my experience they'll rarely say no & it guarantees you coverage. 

Jesus Christ, Everytime I leave this topic for a couple of days everything's escalates. The best part from reading the last few pages was Adam telling people the he "was off, as I have a life to get on with "- time until next LPW post? 16 minutes!

I also really hope martinQ finds out who the insurance is with.

Anyway, carry on

martinQblank, relpacing truthofsin as the second most tedious person in this thread.

You're actually right. For every laugh and good point you get in this thread, you get a right pedantic little dick trying to jump on his high horse and act the big man. martinQblank, fuck off.

I just seen a new Fake facebook account made by someone of here. Shut it down and stop bullying me please if you think your that hard please deal with me face to face because of what I can see all ukff members who are bullying me are scared. Let ssee if any of you or the person making the fake account are hard in person.

Archived