Bowler 2 - Electric Boogaloo (The end of the UKFF)

PowerButchi

By looking at the crowd you seriously need to do some local advertising. Is it a family show or aimed at over 18s? If its a family show, get someone from the promotion on local radio or do family tickets at discounted price. Even flyers on lamposts near schools etc.....

Ive been to see some terrible terrible shows in the past but they had easy 100 people there just through flyers put put in the area. Good old fashioned family friendly wrestling is a nice night out for parents and kids.

Put something for everyone on the show, a good solid wrestling match, a ladies match, tag match and a comedy match.

Don't over complicate things.

Get off this message board.

Try and look and act professional at your shows and be polite and corteous to anyone you deal with.

Also if you want to make an extra couple of quid for the charity show, be sure to mention it is for charity. Charge a pound for a photo with the Silk girls during the interval. A pound is nothing and would get the charity a few extra quid.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right but the thing is I hit 5000 flyers and 200 posters and a ad in the newspaper and come out with 40 - 45 people. Local radio charge a lot I tried I just don't get how others do it. Did photos with the girls for £5.I personally think and a few have said it it was the price. A adult paying £9 then would they ay another £9 for a child.

The answer is no I think and maybe the area as well. I had a good venue at meanwood my last show there was 100 people and if they did not sell it and fixed the roof I would of had a full house by now

The whole thing about insurance is nonsense, it isn't your concern if Adam does or doesn't have insurance.  Do you enquire about it for every Britwres show you go to?  Same as the money questions, none of your business.  If Adam pays his workers, which he does every time, thats between him and them.

The fact he pays everyone already puts him above shithouses.

• Paid Members

A adult paying £9 then would they ay another £9 for a child.

Sick bastards.

Honestly, though — I quite liked that trailer, I've been to shows that look a lot worse. I know this is just pissing in the wind, but I echo anyone who says that you should stay off of this forum, it's no good for you, and there are obviously some positives involved in the shows you're putting together.

• Paid Members

As a punter of some 40-50 live shows a year I couldn't give a stuff about whether a show has the correct licence or insurance. I'm not exactly sure why I would. Insurance is there to protect the promoter, not the public. None of my business.

If I get hurt at a show because someone does something stupid/reckless/dangerous I'm still going to get a payout - whether they've got insurance or not just decides whose pockets my payout is coming from.

As a punter I'm more concerned whether the show is going to be a fun night out or not. I don't not go to Bowler's shows because I have doubts over his paperwork - I don't go to Bowler's shows because they look the absolute dirt worst.

• Paid Members

It's a fair question, and Adam brought most of it on himself by outright admitting he didn't have it and then backtracking. If someone asked any other promoter on this board the same question and they backtracked and avoided like him, they'd get the exact same shite thrown their way. The money questions are less relevant, but are mostly being asked because the concern isn't him paying his workers or not, but the fact people have a good idea of where this money is coming from and it's a load of fucking nonsense because he's throwing it down the pan. 
This isn't a good promotion, the promoter is obviously mentally disabled and throwing the little money he has into shows nobody wants to see. He's coming on here and verbally threatening anyone who posts, people who should know better are encouraging him and he's asking for advice he's never going to take.
He's an absolutely shambles, and his promotion is even more so, and no amount of "but he pays his workers so he's not the worst" white-knighting is going to change that. 

White knighting?  Seriously?  I'm not going to attend one of his shows so I'm not sure where that accusation came from.  From a Britwres perspective, this is a paying gig.  I think I mentioned it in the last thread but aren't those taking his dosh complicit in the shithousery or is a gig a gig?

I honestly couldn't give a holy fuck if he, or any promoter, has insurance, it's not my business.

You think it was 40 - 45.

You either know or you don't. Every event I've promoted I've known to the letter how many paid / freebies / discounts are in.

I for one hope that LPW never dies so in turn this thread never dies.

The whole insurance point I rammed home is being taken a little far now. It was a basic question that Adam acted like a buffoon over.

• Paid Members

For me it's a case of why LPW exists? Leeds - and West Yorkshire - is hardly starved of pro-wrestling, and LPW doesn't provide anything different, like an ATTACK! or Lucha Britannia, so there's really no point to it. It's not as if you can argue it's giving work to the boys, because 40 people at £9 isn't giving anyone a pay-off. So the only reason for it to exist is to massage the "promoter"'s ego, which is no reason at all.

• Paid Members

Ego is no reason Linus, but you hardly need to look around hard in wrestling to see ego driven vanity projects in British wrestling, or indeed wrestling world wide. Gauntley's crack driven ego, or Dixie Carter'delusional ego certainly have a lot to answer for. Adam's low level, reach for the gutter ego wank won't be the last, just one of the more amusing. It's not Ryan Hewson levels of amusing yet but the kids got heart, we might just get there.

Archived