Something happening at TNA

wrestleuk

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TNA have announced 5 nights of Impact tapings (January 5th-9th), meaning they appear to be sticking to the routine of taping months worth of TV in advance

3 nights of Impact tapings. Two of those five dates are for One Night Only PPVs / Xplosion tapings.

• Paid Members

Why do they do those One Night Only PPV things? I don't understand what they get out of them. They can't be popular and they're always horrendously out of date.

Many of the TV deals they signed with channels around the world (such as Challenge in this country) call for them to provide monthly specials. When they cut down their 'proper' PPV events they still had to provide these specials to honour the deals.

• Paid Members

The burning question when I think about TNA is "why do they exist?" It's not to make money. It's not to make good TV. It's not to showcase good wrestling. It's not even to support a touring brand. Why???

• Paid Members

The burning question when I think about TNA is "why do they exist?" It's not to make money. It's not to make good TV. It's not to showcase good wrestling. It's not even to support a touring brand. Why???

That's a good question. The only answers I can think of is Dixie Carter still thinks she can make a successful wrestling promotion or she just loves playing CEO of a wrestling company while tossing her Dad's money off.

The mega-tapings are shit but they're the only sensible business decision TNA have made in years.

Nobody knows because they are a private company.

I'm sure people in the know can do rough estimates but I doubt they would know everything coming in or going out.

I'm sure people in the know can do rough estimates but I doubt they would know everything coming in or going out.

TNA can't have a Knockouts Division anymore, can they?
I mean Angelina Love's pregnant, Brooke's left, Kong's announced her retirement, Taryn's found God - thats basically all of your Knockouts Division done.

Most of their other name wrestlers seem to have gone too - TNA is surely just a company in name only at the moment, right?

Next weeks episode will be the last of the pre taped tournament matches

Then it's 4 weeks from the dome in Mumbai which will have the quarter finals & semis you've got to imagine there will be some storyline progression and undoubtably some major screen time for the awful shera that will then be the last of the shows on DA

Then the "nearly live" episode debut on POP followed by 5 weeks of taped shows from Bethlehem before they tape 6 weeks in the uk

The *live* episode is being taped 7-9 as supposed to being live at 9

TNA can't have a Knockouts Division anymore, can they?

I mean Angelina Love's pregnant, Brooke's left, Kong's announced her retirement, Taryn's found God - thats basically all of your Knockouts Division done.

Most of their other name wrestlers seem to have gone too - TNA is surely just a company in name only at the moment, right?

They can either rebuild it, I am sure there are still some decent women on the indy scene. However they could use this World Series to give momentum to Gail Kim and use her as an X division wrestler. However I would rather they use the knockouts. NXT has proved that if used right it can be popular, but something the WWE main roster is still struggling to book well.

I hope they can use this break of writing storylines to have planned out for next year. They have some guys who could be used well as heavyweights such as ECIII, Drew Galloway, Eric Young and Lashley and there are others too. The X division needs to be given more time, give them 10 minute matches each week, they don't have AJ but if they use some of the talent they have they could still make it credible.

They should look at getting some Mexicans or Japanese guys in. Could they use people like Caristico, Bengala, or GO Shizaki? They could bring them over for 3 days and they already have 6 weeks to use them for a feud. When in Britain filming 6 weeks, use some guys like Damo, Scurll, Williams or Jester.

The sad thing is, I know none of what I want to happen will happen.

Archived