Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Off topic slightly, but we had a penguin vs timtam day in the office to decide what was best and the results fell perfectly down gender lines. 

Since being home I've yet to try a 'timtam slam' with a penguin. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The show's sponsored by Cadburys, I bet they've had Crunchies adverts during the show a whole bunch.

Could be but I haven't watched an episode of Coronation Street in at least 11 years. I used to watch it when my great grandmother did, and she died in 2006. 

• Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Oh this would have been a fair few years back, I have faint memories of Caramels being advertised at the start of every break.

This would be the era of the ‘I’m So Excited’ Crunchie adverts with the chocolate people on the rollercoaster?

Come to think of it, I may have only seen those ads during Coronation Street, so maybe that’s the association described above.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I've seen that "I'm So Excited" Crunchie ad, and... I've never seen a full episode of Coronation Street, or any part of one since about 1990.

When I missed my flight a few months ago, and had to stop over in Manchester in an airport hotel, I was made up to find that the vending machines had multiple Star Bars in them.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Our B&M sells Baby Ruth bars and they’re phenomenal. I’ve never seen or heard of them before I saw them in there, but I’m glad I have one a go. Lovely.

d4d4efe46dcc63d0b554b20607c6c62dd2677a14e120fe67eb556d7f63c9e50e.jpg.71583ca0da705172ef2a2879173e0c98.jpg

Yank chocolate is gash — the fillings are frequently ace, but the chocolate is deliberately sour. I like a Whatchamacallit bar, but they're not available everywhere.

• Paid Members

I love the mini reeses cups on top of ice cream.

It's hard to think about Reeses cups (or Tootsie Rolls) without laughing — my mum has a terrible record of not proofing her messages, or bothering to find out real names, so when she was coming to visit once, she asked me to indulge her sweet-toothed friend by picking up some Reeves' Peanut Sweets, and Toot Sir Rolls.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Do like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but that's entirely due to the ultra sweet peanut butter. 

Any of the Reece’s range is great. Nutrageous, Sticks. Just saw a Reece’s Cup today that had Reece’s Pieces in the Peanut Butter centre in Home Bargains. I hope they have some left tomorrow 

Imagine a Double Decker with a smoothed coating on top instead of the consciously "haphazard" dribbling.

You can't. It would be an abomination, and wouldn't taste the same at all.

That's how perfect its design is. No one stopped buying Dairy Milk when they messed with the shape, but change the surface texture of a Double Decker and you're asking for trouble.

• Paid Members

Well this now has me pulling my hair out, the mention of Tootsie Rolls, what film has the quote; "Tootsie Roll, toot toot Tootsie Roll" said in a very sarcastic manner?

I fucking love Double Deckers, they may very well be the messiest Chocolate bars to eat but they are phenomenal. And to think I had avoided them for years as I thought they had nuts in them.