Crud is Jericho?

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I think it could've gone worse. I did expect it to be fairly corporate suck-up, but he did at least ask him one or two odd things that were mildly interesting.

Austin would've been way better.

Jericho performed adequately but ultimately it wasn't interesting and we all wished Steve Austin had been in Jericho's spot.

<COUGH>

MANIA 18

<COUGH>

Edited by air_raid

John Cena has been on Stone Cold's podcast in case anyone isn't aware and would think it would be a good interview. From what I remember it was a decent listen.

Yep, I really enjoyed it. Perfect example of how Austin isn't simply more entertaining than Jericho just because he asks difficult questions, he can actually just ask questions that give a better insight into the person. 

Did Jericho accidentally admit that him and everyone else was on steroids?

Yep.

The way it came across he kinda stated Cena and Storm were the only two guys he knew who never had any help.

Yeah put his foot in it there didn't he.

Also hilarious how he misinterpreted what Cena said thinking he used to workout for 48 hours straight. 

Did Jericho accidentally admit that him and everyone else was on steroids?

Yep.

The way it came across he kinda stated Cena and Storm were the only two guys he knew who never had any help.

Yeah put his foot in it there didn't he.

Also hilarious how he misinterpreted what Cena said thinking he used to workout for 48 hours straight.

To be fair, Cena was saying they started at 11:55 so that they'd run through to the next day. Unless he means they worked out until 11:55 two days later, he worded it wrong.

I thought the interview was fine. Nothing special. Met expectations - the odd interesting bit.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought the interview was pretty good too. Anybody disappointed needs to manage their expectations of these things. Obviously Stone Cold's shows were better, but he's in a league of his own with this stuff. While I'd be disappointed if we didn't see Austin do these Network shows in the future, Jericho is a decent fit for the role and it's the sort of content I want from the Network.

Yeah, I thought the interview was pretty good too. Anybody disappointed needs to manage their expectations of these things. Obviously Stone Cold's shows were better, but he's in a league of his own with this stuff. While I'd be disappointed if we didn't see Austin do these Network shows in the future, Jericho is a decent fit for the role and it's the sort of content I want from the Network.

Your expectations on "these things" clearly differ to many others, which is natural I guess. But insulting peoples intelligence (wwe) with the content instructed from Vince down to Jericho and Cena is laughable don't you think? I must manage my expectations on future network exclusives and fully prepare myself for Camp WWE, then get told what did I expect from that pile of shite!

Your expectations on "these things" clearly differ to many others

What were you expecting? It's Chris Jericho interviewing John Cena, not Rob Feinstein interviewing New Jack. It was hardly going to be an hour of sleaze.

Edited by King Pitcos

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Was a big Jericho fan back when he first came to WWE. Always thought he was a good wrestler. He had some great matches in 2001 and in 08/09 and his feud with Punk. But lately I've come to really dislike the guy. He's become annoying with his tweets and podcast, which is dreadful. His band is shit too. I hope he doesn't come back. Bored of the "cryptic" vignettes. His last return where he feuded with Bray Wyatt was a mess.

As for his books, first one was really good. Second was passable. Third had some good stories but there was too many stories where he spoke about drinking/being drunk. I don't know if that was his attempt at sounding cool and rock n roll but it became tiresome after a while.

He seems to be going through some weird midlife crisis the past few years. Tattoos out of nowhere, drinking loads, selfies of himself smoking. He never seems to be home. If he's not wrestling, he's in the studio or on tour. If he's not doing that he's making lame TV game shows and even lamer YouTube shows. I don't know if he dislikes his family or if he just wants to get drunk all the time and fuck around. I think it's time he went home and stayed quiet for a while

Jericho is a typical case of overstaying your welcome. I loved him in WCW, very original, lots of charisma and great wrestling skills. When he went to WWF/WWE his act was not original anymore. Even his skills couldnt be shown to the fullest anymore as everyone there needs to wrestle the same toned down style.

Imo his books are amazing, the first one def being the best. 

Fozzy on the other hand... pffff... Jericho acts like it's the second coming of Metallica/ Iron Maiden, but in reality it's more of a boy band than a true metal act. Main stream seems to be the word here, Jericho loooooves main stream so he thinks he will appeal to everyone. I once attended a Fozzy concert in a small bar, just for the opportunity to meet Jericho afterwards. The concert sucked. Meeting him afterwards also was a bit of a let down. He didnt seem to care at all. He posed for a pic, but it was clear that he didnt gave a damn.

RVD the same thing. The problems start to arise once the wrestler knows he is amazing. Same with RVD. In the mid 90's amazing. Afterwards, same old shit every time. In the last few years Ive noticed how much he has toned down his style. On top of that, all of his matches lack flow. He does a flashy move. Pauses. Poses to the fans. Next flashy move. Pauses. Poses to the fans. Give it up already!

Edited by kostan

WWE really didn't have everyone wrestling 'the same toned down style' when Jericho arrived. Nothing about WWE was 'toned down' in 99.. If you were willing to die in a WWE ring, they'd have thought about booking you.

Also, what did you want besides him posing for a photo? He can probably meet a hundred people or more a day who want a photo and a chinwag, it's not humanly possible to give a shit about all of them.

I think I just defended Jericho. I feel dirty.