Crud is Jericho?

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

RVD feels like the sort of guy who deserves this kind of thread. The guy's not done anything to freshen up his act (looks, character, moves) since 2002. Probably too late now, too. I must have still been into him around the time of the ECW comeback and the WWE title win, but that was nearly a decade ago now.

RVD is just a wrestler with diminishing returns though. He's not out pissing on his legacy away charging people half a million dollars to mow his lawn or running his mouth weekly about how wonderful he still is.

For a guy who couldn't build a match and couldn't talk, RVD became uber popular amongst a great roster in WWE. He over-acheived massively.

RVD feels like the sort of guy who deserves this kind of thread. The guy's not done anything to freshen up his act (looks, character, moves) since 2002. Probably too late now, too. I must have still been into him around the time of the ECW comeback and the WWE title win, but that was nearly a decade ago now.

RVD doesn't really do anything, though. He just comes back and has forgettable runs and then goes away. He's out of mind before he's even out of sight. It's a credit to Jericho that he remains relevant in some form or other, really.

• Paid Members

I used to love RVD back in 2001 and even before that when he popped up on Raw a few times in 97 doing the 'Mr Monday Night' thing with Lawler. I thought he was cool as fuck with the RVD thumbs thing, the unique in ring style and the jazzy singlets. But literally nothing has changed about him ever, has it? If you've seen one RVD match you've pretty much seen all he's got. I saw a bit of one of his recent WWE stints and he just stuck out like a sore thumb to me as a relic from another era. Like when Tatanka came back in 2006 or whenever it was, or when Duggan running around a few years ago. I don't even know how he'd go about reinventing himself, but it just felt like he'd jumped forward from 2001 in Bill and Ted's time machine. The only thing different about him was he'd developed a little bit of a gut and his hairline had moved back a bit. Everything else was straight out of 1998 ECW. That might've be fine if he was a Rock/Austin level star but there wasn't ever enough about his gimmick really. Just pointy thumbs and the odd weed smoking reference.

Very much of his time. I did really like him between 1997 and about 2002ish. Quite enjoyed his brief tag team with Rey Mysterio whenever that was as well. But everything I've seen since has felt like he's doing a half-arsed tribute act of himself.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

2 mins into Jericho with cena and I'm already struggling.

Jericho isn't going to ask hard questions, and Cena will never give an interesting answer to anything - so it was always going to be a puff piece. It's probably why they replaced Austin - because he made Vince uncomfortable a few times & wasn't a complete Yes man.

• Paid Members

Meltzer was saying they got rid of Austin because he brought up Chyna, which led to her talking crap about Triple H.

Anyway, it wasn't horrible, but the entire time you're thinking how much better it will be with Austin. Jericho constantly bringing up himself was hilarious.

Cenas too company for anything interesting to slip out, and Jericho is too self indulged to know when to push on a question as he's too busy thinking of a better answer he would have given

I watched it purely to only confirm what we knew all along with a bit of thought leading in post Raw. A pally 60 minutes with nothing of any real interest other than the pair liking their "in house" shtick. I'm just really not into his kind of interviews to get a real feel of a story being told by his guests.

I've not yet listened to Steve Austin's thoughts on not continuing his run of interviews on the Network and its a clear indication of Vince's thoughts on content airing live or recorded.

I've not yet listened to Steve Austin's thoughts on not continuing his run of interviews on the Network and its a clear indication of Vince's thoughts on content airing live or recorded.

- WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin addressed some rumors surrounding his status with the company on the latest episode of The Steve Austin Show.

* Austin said there is no heat on him from WWE for allegedly missing WrestleMania 31 Week. He brought up the rumor that he was supposed to be on a flight with The Undertaker and said that was not true.

* Austin said he was never a part of any creative discussions for him to participate at WrestleMania 31. Austin said he didn't turn anything down, he simply wasn't there and was never scheduled to be there.

* Regarding Tough Enough rumors and heat between Austin and Vince McMahon, Austin said he did not turn the show down. He said he's been talking with WWE about Tough Enough for some time and it was supposed to be filmed in February-March but we're in April and it still hasn't happened. Austin said the delay was nobody's fault as it takes a lot of work for the different pieces of a reality show like Tough Enough to come together. When WWE got their pieces together, CMT wanted to do more Broken Skull Challenge and Austin couldn't do Tough Enough due to the BSC commitments. Austin said he didn't turn down Tough Enough because of heat with Vince and scheduling problems are why he couldn't do the show. Austin said he wishes he could do Tough Enough but it didn't work out. Austin said in a perfect world, he would have filmed Tough Enough in February-March and that would have been it.

* Austin also addressed the rumors about his podcast not being on the WWE Network. Austin said they did the first two and were going to make a deal to move forward. He said there was a deal that could have been made but it wasn't and they're not moving forward but there's no heat there. Austin he heard Vince wasn't happy with some of his questions for Triple H and Austin said that's not true.

* Austin said WWE is going in their own direction and he's going in his and down the road if they hook back up, it'll be gangbusters. Austin said he will always have WWE in his blood. He acknowledged both sides have helped each other over the years and said it's always a good thing and a fun thing when WWE and Steve Austin are in business together. Austin guesses there is no animosity towards him from WWE's point of view and said he has no heat with them. Austin said, "No heat, nowhere. It's cool, moving on..."

• Paid Members

That was rancid.

Just the drizzling shits boring interview missing out anything that might be a little bit interesting and replacing it with stories about them out on the town.

Chris JerichoVerified account

‏@IAmJericho

For those worried that tonights podcast w @johncena is gonna be corporate-ur right. All of my questions have to be approved by #JackTunney

Approved and written by vince you mean atleast dont have a fucking slideshow ready.

Edited by quote the raven