Crud is Jericho?

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I wonder how long it'll be before the UKFF features in one of Chris's angry blogs now?

Pretty soon. Foley will read what has been said, Y2J will catch it from him on the sour grapevine.

Hi haircut is the worst thing about him.

For a guy that used to be my favourite wrestler, he's certainly dropped far off my radar. I can't listen to his podcast baabebeeeeee *comedy sound effect* and obligatory Fozzy mention. Ugh. 

"Oh yeah guys like you AND ME" and so on...

Any return is met with a groan from me. I don't care and I guess that sucks cause when I was a kid he was one of the coolest wrestlers around. I'm hoping his podcast and internet version of himself is really just an act. Trying to be kind... I think it's a bit like Roman Reigns in WWE, when he shows HIS own personality in backstage off the record things (interviews, that Shield doc) he seems like a cool guy but on WWE TV he comes across as someone so desperate to be liked.

I was a couple of months shy of turning 11 when Y2J debuted, I was still a mark at the time and hated him. How dare this little guy with shite hair come in and think he can talk to The Rock and The Undertaker, my two favourites at the time, like that? Around about the time he first won the IC title I began to realise that my hatred of him was all down to how good a job he was doing as a heel, probably the first time I realised that about anyone, so in a way Jericho completely changed the way I viewed wrestling. I still hated X-Pac though. Cunt. I became a big Jericho fan, getting the Y2J t-shirt for my 12th birthday and often finding myself looking forward to seeing what he was doing the most when I watched Raw or Smackdown. I was fucking delighted when he won the Undisputed title, if only my brother hadn't found out about it in school and told me before I had a chance to watch it. I was convinced we were getting a Rock vs Austin unification match, the element of surprise would have been great. Cunt.

I guess the first time I started to turn against him was in the summer of 2005 when he got inserted into the John Cena vs Christian feud. I was a big Captain Charisma fan and wanted to see him get a main event run, so to see his one on one title match, his shot at proving he belonged with the top guys, taken away like that irked me. Even when it came down to Cena vs Jericho I was rooting for Jericho, but I was still bitter about Christian getting screwed and didn't really care that Cena was going over in that fued. I was disappointed but not gutted when he left WWE following that run, I was still a fan but felt it was for the best. It let him do his own thing with Fozzy too, who at the time I was really into. I went to see them the night before my 17th birthday, got insanely drunk and managed to high five Y2J before falling on my arse a couple of times and throwing up on the train home. It took a while for him to click with me when he returned to WWE, but the great program with HBK won me over again. It's been hard to care since then though. I wasn't actively watching during the Mysterio IC title feud which I hear was great, I enjoyed his work with Ziggler, and I'll admit one of the last times wrestling genuinely surprised me was his entrance in the 2013 Royal Rumble, but the highlights have been few and far between.

Then there's all the shit like this out of the ring. We get it, you love Vinnie Mac, give it a fucking rest. The man's not infallible, and Jericho just makes himself look like a fool any time he goes on a rant like this Reigns one. Plus his hair and tattoos are shit, and his music is indistinguishable from the next metal band these days. I used to be a big fan of Chris Jericho. I enjoyed his first two books, I'm on the fence about whether or not to read the third, because I don't want to either further damage my opinion of a guy I do still want to like, or get suckered back into his bullshit and get pissed off the next time he pulls a Kurt Angle style Twitter special. In fact, fuck him, I hope he never comes back.

Edited by Juan Manforce

• Paid Members

I hate Chris Jericho. He's a hack. He's pretty much Bret Michaels and Tommy Lee. One of those z-list cunts who think they are actually achieving something by hiring an expensive agent to put them on shit telly because they have zero credibility to start with. You'd think he was De Niro the way he talks about his talking head appearances on shitty VH-1 specials, also starring fellow dip shits like Jenna Jameson and Danny Bonaduce. His podcast is shit until he stops speaking. His band are shocking. And he has no self awareness to keep it as a Steel Panther like comedy band. No, he actually talks as if his "I'm a wrestler, can I do your festival" pitch is his band getting bookings based on hard work. He turned up on an actually singing reality show and was voted off first. Because he cant carry a tune in a bucket. Because he's in a comedy band. If Jericho wasn't a wrestler, he'd turn up on that shitty Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling thing, because that's the type of name Jericho is. He's Dennis Rodman. He's Dustin Diamond. The definition of a douchebag celebrity with no credibility, but pretends he has some anyway. Dont get me wrong, he was a good wrestler in his day. Well overrated, though. It amazes me when I hear smart journalists actually put him over as an all time great. He wasn't the best on the roster at any point in his career. He wasn't Guerrero or Benoit or Mysterio. He wasn't Shawn Michaels. Edge was better than Jericho for me. He's always had as many misses as he's had hits. X-Pac had to learn him how to work when he first showed up in WWE, because when they signed him they bought into the hype that he wasn't some 5'8" guy who DECIDED TO USE A DOUBLE POWER BOMB AS HIS FINISHER when everyone was bigger than him.

I loved it when Punk buried this cunt 6 feet under. Punk left WWE and was hot shit, so Jericho desperately tried to make himself relevant by lanching onto him for an interview. Wanker. Glad he called him out on it as well, because Meltzer, Alvarez and all those lot always suck his dick. They never call out this tosser, because he speaks to them off air. Same with Cornette, but at least he's funny. And he needs to shut his mouth. His drunk tweeting is retarded, because he exposes himself for what he is. An insecure twat with no self awareness. And his tits look weird. Fuck him.

And his first book is full of lies Hulk Hogan would curl his tashe over. There was a dicestion of his book from a Smokey Mountain alumni KC O'Connor a few years back who destroyed him.

I'm 270 pages into Jericho's book, up till his working in WAR.

If the chapters on his time in SMW are any indication, he's taken as many creative liberties in his memoirs as every other bullshit artist before him.

I couldn't care less that he says the house was Anthony's, (Anthony Michael, one of the original Dudleys in ECW) when Anthony moved in with me after Del Ray moved out. It's irrelevant that he thinks he was invited to stay in my house and Rex and Bruiser weren't. Corny was the one who asked me, not Brian Hildebrand. Brian had his own place and said, "no," when Corny asked him to put Jericho up.

***image1***It's flat out false that he almost came to blows with Bruiser and Bruiser liked him. He piped off one time in the car and Bruiser shut him up with one line, end of story. I mean, really, we're supposed to believe he was gonna challenge Bruiser f---ing Bedlam to a fight over dirty dishes? Please! Whenever Bruiser went back to Hamilton for a few days, he made it clear to me that I could use his Jeep, but Chris wasn't allowed to touch it.

Bruiser particularly thought Jericho was the one guy in the locker room that would be voted most likely to "Honk On Bobo." (I will give Y2J for reminding me of that K9 classic, as I'd forgotten that one...) Bruiser especially thought Jericho was a piece of shit when he wouldn't cover me one night at Subway, when Chris was pulling down $900 a week while I was driving him around without being reimbursed for gas, and I was making $150 a week.

He never drove Murdoch around. That was my responsibility, to chauffeur Capt. Redneck. Jimmy would never ask his hot young babyface to drive his guest lead heel around for the tour. Kayfabe, ya know? Jericho heard me and Del Ray telling the story at home of tossing the beer bottles out the window as we were the ones in the car with Murdoch every night.

Same for the roaches in Boo's (Balls Mahoney) bed. He must have heard that from Anthony after he left, because Boo came in after Jericho was gone. And it was Anthony and D-Lo (Brown) that found the roaches. I was gone by then, too, and I left six months after Chris.

He didn't tape Corny at the drive thru, either, although he was in the car that night. J.R. Benson and Ron Hed, the sickies from CA, taped it. The Strange Kentucky People tape is 100 percent true. Even down to R&R and Jesus pics in the living room. Scariest thing I've ever seen.

I'm glad he admitted he had a shit attitude and f---ed Jimmy by not working the gimmick tables. He took, mocked, and gave nothing back to the company. Lance at least stuck around and worked with Brian Lee for $150 a night that summer. And Morristown wasn't a dry county; he just wouldn't go out with us. Del Ray and I invited him several times to the club in Mo-town, where we both got drunk and laid often. Even the Macho Man hit the club with us, but not Chris.

Yes, their videos did nothing for them. They were abysmal in theory and in fact.

Yes, the penalty box matches were a stupid idea and poorly executed.

Yes, he did skip a show one-night claiming car troubles when he really went to Nashville for a KISS reunion concert.

Yes, he used steroids. I saw the needles in his room and heard him talking to Bruiser about getting more.

Yes, he did kick it with a vampire stripper at the Mouse's Ear. Anthony and I goaded him all night to approach her. It was the only girl we saw him talk to the whole time we were there. He did leave with her.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Jericho is great. He made it to the top at the most competitive time in the business.

Depends on your definition of "top." Did he hold the top belt at one point? Yes. Was he presented as "the top man"? No, not ever. Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, The Rock and John Cena all made it to the top of the profession. Chris Jericho never.

• Paid Members

I am a fan of Y2J, i enjoyed all 3 of his books, he has a good band and is a good guy, but, i am not a fan of this keep returning and leaving again, i think he he should either stick around for one last good run, or jack it in and leave with his head held high, as i dont think even the most hardened Y2J fan like me can take much more of his stale returns everytime

Depends how you look at things, you just need to manage your expectations I think. Jericho is never coming back for anything big time at this point in his life, as much as I'm sure he would love to and probably believes he deserves to, but that's another matter. He's a part-time midcarder. Personally, if I'm going to watch a three-hour episode of Raw every week I don't want to have to watch the exact same cast of directionless water-treaders in pointless rematches of rematches to fill up the hours every time. I like the idea that veterans like Jericho, RVD or even the Outlaws can come back now and again to work with the regular roster and freshen up the TV for a month or two. It's something I wish they would do much more often to be honest, it would benefit the talent as well as the viewer. Unfortunately there are not a lot more guys still around in position to do it with.

That's an interesting point. Who is there that still has a good bit of name value and could keep up with the current guys for a month? There's the Dudleys, X-Pac, maybe Carlito and Masters... How's Gangrel moving these days? Has Bob Holly burned his bridges? Obviously most of those aren't on the same level as Jericho, RVD or the Outlaws.

• Paid Members

The first book almost made me link him, it was excellent. He's never been one of my favorites and his moment has passed. I don't mind adding a little extra star power now and again though. The roster is so bland it needs it even if Jericho's patter if often rubbish.

• Paid Members

Chris Jericho has three books? Jesus, he’s like the Katie Price of wrestling.

I'd be surprised if there's another one as there won't be much to go on for wrestling fans to get their teeth into. The first one covered everything up until his WWF debut, and is a fascinating read if you're interested in Jericho. The second covered everything from his WWF debut in 1999 to his return in 2007 and is a good read for anyone that is interested in WWE. The third covers from that return in 2007 to his return at the 2013 Rumble so covers a lot of his most interesting programs. There's surely nothing left for him to say.

I can understand how Jericho got three books out of his wrestling career. I don't understand how Katie Price got any books out of showing her tits off in the paper and getting divorced a whole bunch of times. Or at least, why anyone would read them.