Crud is Jericho?

HarmonicGenerator

I dare even listen to the latest episode of Talk Is Jericho. Gene Simmons is the guest and it will Jericho playing hero worship and then somehow making out that Fozzy are similar in terms of work rate to KISS. And with KISS headlining Download this year, no doubt Jerico will mention the "50,000 that turned out to see Fozzy at 11am"

I'm a huge Jericho fan. Sure, he has an ego, but I think it's justified. He had a shaky beginning in WWE, but by the time I got to see him on a regular basis, around 2003, he always delivered. Classic Wrestlemania match with Shawn Michaels, which probably went a long way to giving HBK his mojo back. He gave Goldberg one of his best wrestling matches in WWE and helped him look like a monster in the Elimination Chamber. He was a key part of Team Austin vs. Team Austin at Survivor Series, before going into the excellent Christian feud. He rarely had a bad match from that point, and before he left for the first time he worked with Cena and helped him get established as a quality main eventer.

Then he returned and had the acclaimed HBK feud and completely reinvented himself. I think he was genuinely the best in the world from 2008-2010. Promos, matches, everything. Don't think tights suit him though.

Over the last couple of years, he's not quite as good as he once was- a step slower, but that comes with age. He feels less special, but part of that is not using him in the best way. It was such a waste having him job to fucking Fandango. Since then, beating Jericho doesn't seem to mean as much.

Outside of wrestling, loved his first two books, haven't read the third yet. Fozzy have come a long way- never used to like them much, even as a fan of all things Jericho, but I thought Sin and Bones was a drastic step up in quality (hence my avatar) and Do You Wanna Start A War was a good follow up.

I can understand how his ego rubs people the wrong way- it comes down to if you think he can back it up or not. I think he can.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

To quote the Attitude Era Podcast lads, Fozzy are an in-joke that's gotten out of hand. He talks about them as if they are on the same level as the biggest acts in rock. Obviously, I know he's got to be bigginng up his own projects, but no-one can be that deluded. If your playing Yardbirds in Grimsby, a huge rockstar you are not, at times it's like watching that movie about Anvil. And he wants to be known as the rockstar, maybe if everything they didn't have 'featuring WWE star/ wrestling star Chris Jericho' on everything they do might be a decent start

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I dare even listen to the latest episode of Talk Is Jericho. Gene Simmons is the guest and it will Jericho playing hero worship and then somehow making out that Fozzy are similar in terms of work rate to KISS.

Fozzy and Kiss were really the last 2 bands to come up the old school way.

• Paid Members

To quote the Attitude Era Podcast lads, Fozzy are an in-joke that's gotten out of hand. He talks about them as if they are on the same level as the biggest acts in rock. Obviously, I know he's got to be bigginng up his own projects, but no-one can be that deluded.

Sorry, but that's bollocks. He talks about Fozzy a lot, but he never does this. I know it is very easy to dislike a man that loves himself so much, but there's a lot of embarrassing bandwagon jumping going on where it comes to the Jericho criticism.

On his interview with Paul Stanley, Jericho actually read out a tweet from Paul Stanley in the intro about Jericho. A full on mark out job.

Why do you listen to his podcast if you think he's such a cunt?

To be fair I'd never watch The Jonathon Ross Show because he's an annoying twat but if he had Hogan on next Saturday I'd make the effort.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Doesn't it? 

Not really. He's not getting the guests on as dressing. Getting Paul Stanley on his podcast isn't appealing to fans who enjoyed his match with Juventud Guerrera in 98. Its to attract people who dont listen to hack podcasts with 1960s sound effects in the intro. I'll put up with Jericho if he's got a good guest on. That applies to every podcast host. I havent listened to Austin in months because (as much as I like him) I'm not listening to him and his mate talk about fishing for 90 minutes.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay