The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

Who the fuck ribs a grown adult for asking out someone anyway? Is your work really like that or are you building it up in your head?

Just to elaborate on this a young lad I worked with at Sainsburys asked if a colleague had dropped something on the floor then picked up and put his number in her hand. Unbeknownst to him she was engaged and living with another colleague but no fucks were given. That little playa had nothing but my respect. Last time I seen him he was punching well above his weight too.

Edited by Mr_Danger

I do get where Otto is coming from - if the entire workforce is there, it can make it even more nerve wracking. It sounds like she likes you. My shout would be to get her phone number at the leaving do, call or text her and arrange to meet up.

I do already have her number, she gave it to me after I Facebook messaged her (we’re friends on there) about whether she had got someone home safely after they’d vommed everywhere on a night out we were both on :D We've Whatsapped a bit since.

call or text her and arrange to meet up.

I think I may just do that, and see how it goes at the drinks – I guess anything is possible.

Made my first 'connection' on Bumble and shock of all shocks, she actually started chatting to me (which probably doesn't sound like much of anything given the premise of the app but I hear many of the women won't chat to the guy, even after matching). I haven't chased her off but my inexperience with these things may tell soon.

• Paid Members

3 months after splitting up with my wife, I went on my first Bumble date last week and surprisingly she is totally awesome and we've gone on 3 dates that have all gone extremely well with me staying round hers twice and a fourth lined up in a few days. She's even lent me a book! I don't see it being a long term relationship or anything but a summer sweetheart is a pretty cool thing. After a rough as fuck 9 months it's amazing how just meeting someone fun with no pressure/baggage can turn shit around. Cheers to bloody life guys!

Edited by LaGoosh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Dear Deidre,

I ended up sleeping with my best female friend yesterday completely out of the blue. It's been a totally (and comfortably) platonic relationship for the best part of a decade, so it was slightly surprising. We've been in contact today and all is fine, but has anyone else ever had a 'friends with benefits' thing that hasn't irrevocably fucked up the relationship? I really wouldn't want this to.

Edited by Gus Mears