The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

Isn't Bumble the one where blokes just put up a profile and it's up to the women to make the first move?

Correct. But the women have 24 hours to send you a message after you match otherwise you unmatch. It's a good way of forcing conversation. Rather than tinder where you'll get a match, message the girl then never hear anything.

A girl at work who I've fancied for a while is leaving for a new job elsewhere, and it's highly likely I won't ever see her again. She's specifically invited me early to her leaving drinks (as she wants to make sure I keep that day free) and told me we have to have a tequila shot together. We've had a few lunches in the year or so we've known each other, but they've been with a couple of other friends and despite flirting and talking quite a bit has never really seemed appropeiate to ask her out.

So, at this leaving drinks do you think it would be a no-lose gamble to tell her I like her? Or will word filter back through her closer friends either way? I'm not bothered if she says no (well I would be a little bit...) but what would bother me is if it goes round the office that I asked her out?

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

what would bother me is if it goes round the office that I asked her out?

Why? You and the most of the rest of the office aren't going to see her again.

What are you going to do about it going round your office if she says yes?

• Moderators

She clearly doesn't think you're a complete loser/weirdo as you're mates already. So if you ask and she says no she's not going to start going about telling everyone "can you believe that freak had the nerve to ask me out?" or try to embarrass you or anything. Even if she says no, I'm sure she'll be cool about it.

• Paid Members

Yeah, fuck what anyone else in the office thinks, you've got to bite the bullet and just ask. Otherwise she'll fuck off and you'll regret it. Worst case scenario is she knocks you back but at least you'd know you never had a shot anyway. The worst will be if you don't ask her, she leaves and then you'll never know. Personally, I think I'd get over a knockback a lot quicker than the regret if I never plucked up the courage to tell her.

So my newly single life is going pretty great. I still get to see the kids 4 times a week and I feel like the time I spend with them is much better spent. I still miss them like crazy in between and feel guilty as hell but that's par for the course I suppose.

Being an emotionally detached fuck I'm starting/started to dabble with speaking to other woman. It's surprisingly easy at the age of 32 and I find myself far more confident than I have any right to be. Even my line of "Fancy going out when I'm less married" has yielded a bit of success. Stud~

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

She clearly doesn't think you're a complete loser/weirdo as you're mates already. So if you ask and she says no she's not going to start going about telling everyone "can you believe that freak had the nerve to ask me out?" or try to embarrass you or anything. Even if she says no, I'm sure she'll be cool about it.

See? We're all behind you.

We can even suggest opening lines for you if you want.

She's specifically invited me early to her leaving drinks (as she wants to make sure I keep that day free) and told me we have to have a tequila shot together.

Sounds like she Might have the same Intentions as you do anyway, either she plans to ask you herself or has given you the green light to make the move when its just the 2 of you, unless I've read that wrong and she has also invited others to arrive early.

Either Way just go for it, really sounds like you don't have much to lose, even if she says no and word gets around the office, syrely it will just be gentle ribbing for a week or so and everyone will move on and it'll be forgetton about in no time anyway. 

Edited by MVP RULZ