The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

I wasn't angry about it, I was overwhelmed by the support. Thought it was a lovely thing to do. I'm really lucky to have such a great GP and a solid support network. I've had a lot of messages on Twitter from keffers and seriously lads and Monkee, it's so lovely and helps hugely.

I'm meant to be flying to Dub on Friday but I've got to get a bus to sexy Wexy to see the folks. But yeah I'll deffo have to come over.

Pat, your posts never fail to absolutely astound and/or intrigue me! It's like if David Lynch turned his hand to Eastenders.

And I mean that without jape or condescension, boss.

None taken. I've lead some life :) Finally doing the things I want to :)

Fucking hell pat, I thought you were supposed to be on a ban from relationships for a while? You're incapable of not being in one. Mess about and have some fun by all means, but stop getting into proper relationships until you've sorted your own shit out!

4 months single ish and counting, which is unusual for me.

Aside from no house of my own ( tried to buy 4 last year, but collapsed on the vendors side each time and am in solicitor hell with the latest), the rest is doing well, bagged two jobs in the last week, transition is going well, relatively and I'm in a great place, heck even support and help run a soup kitchen in Burnley and have helped with Padiham and Hebden Bridge flood victims. Also started training for this years crack at Total Warrior and looking at doing either a Skydive or the Rickshaw Run before the years out. shit is pretty much sorted, now on to the next challenges :)

@Keith, didnt see your messages, mate. You along with others on this forum were an absolute godsend when I o/d'ed in 2014, echo the sentiments of Slapnut and others.

I know I don't post on here that often and don't really know any of you as well as you obviously know each other, but this really is the loveliest place on the Internet isn't it? It's really heartwarming and overwhelming to know you all care about each other so much.

And I am the most bitter, cynical bastard I know and I just love it, love it (Keegan style)

• Paid Members

Great news Keith, in both the positive of the support there for you and your own approach to it which shows fantastic sense of self awareness and understanding.

I think any way, I might have worded that all wrong.

On the relationship front, I took a lass out a couple of times last month, for tea and for some Christmas shopping.

That's it really, I don't lead a life even half as interesting as most of you.

It's all gone a bit quiet now mind, but then I'm about as interesting as a audio book on wallpaper read by Steve Davis so it's not a massive shock.

• Paid Members

Hi guys, I'm not really into tinder but have it to see if Id get any matches etc but never bother starting convos etc. I matched with a decent looking girl who started messaging me so I engaged, been chatting a day or so and she seems nice. I'm wondering what tinder etiquette is, should I/when should I ask her out? Dont want to seem like a creep but dont want to give the impression im not interested or wasting their time either.

• Paid Members

Fully agree with Chest there.
It's only a place for either pulling the stomach out of yourself or meeting up and having a quick goose.  A lot of my mates (both male and female) are in long term relationships yet are regular frequenters of said app just "for fun".

So add me to the stable that would confidently lay their cards down and say there's no long term future for any courtships made there, Mavs!

• Paid Members

Fair dues, have no real expectations but intrigued to see how it plays out. Don't even know if shes interested but tge fact chattings gone into a second day has made me think she might be. Im abit clueless, will ask today and report back.

Hello guys,

Long time lurker (years I have been visiting here haha) first post. Sorry its in the relationship thread but you guys are good at giving advice!

So I was with this girl for just over three months which you would think is not alot of time to be fair. Just for the record its not a first relationship or anything I have had a few long term previous relationships and have a lovely little girl from one of them anyways to my point..

As I was saying we were only together three months but seemed perfect for each other and I have never felt this way about any previous girl before and she felt the same way I would go as far as to say we were in love buttt I managed to fuck it up if im honest.

It all started when I lost my job which is always shit early in a relationship and then this mixed in with to much drinking and partying and drug use which in turn caused paranoia and truth be told I turned into an arsehole and I fully regret it and this all ended back in October time but I just cant stop thinking about this girl its weird seeing as we were only together a short time. We have spoke a couple of times last year but it seemed to turn to arguments due to my behavior and mentioned above the paranoia and arsehole behavior caused by the drinking and drugs. Also she seemed tot hink I always put my friends first and U was selfish but I think this was all related to to the above. 

Anyways fast forward to now and i am no longer drinking ior substance abusing and have a clear head for the first time in a long time and I still cant stop thinking about her and im not sure the right approach to take to get her back which I think is what I want. It seems we just met at the wrong time in each others lifes. Her life was quite stressful too and I defo was not helping. Do I drop her a text? Do I just leave it and move on and try and forget about her? Can I just add there has been other girls in the mean time but it hasnt helped at all.

Hope this makes any some sense!

Edited by thevestofdeanambrose