NJPW World

Sphinx

The people that run it are really ambitious and want to be bigger than WWE.

Not happening but it's good to see a promtion with some ambition.

Stranger things have happened. If it's going to be anyone taking over WWE on a global scale, it's going to be somewhere in Asia. What with Cena learning Cantonese NJPW might start seeing WWE as a feeder farm. Spoiler: Cena vs Khali in NJPW within the next five years.

• Paid Members

It would be great if Cena went to NJPW, maybe then he would learn how to wrestle

And battle commences in 5, 4, 3, 2...

As to NJPW expanding into Asia - it's a nice idea, but there's still a huge divide between Japan and the rest of Asia. China and both Nice and Naughty Koreas hate them, and the rest of the east isn't too hot on them either. South and central don't really have much to do with them culturally.

• Paid Members

When NJPW World went down earlier today, I switched to Dailymotion to finish watching the show I was in the middle of. Although Dailymotion was also split into individual matches, I could click "Play All" on the the playlist and be done with it.

It's early days, but NJPW World should probably at least match the convenience of the illegal alternatives.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

OK, seems like if last year is anything to go by, the "pre-show" actually is at 2am and it's just live footage of them putting up the ring.

The gates open at 2.30pm (main show starts at 4) so it's likely just the usual one pre-show match.

• Paid Members

If you mean the Android app, once you've installed it, it should now mean that when you click on a video, it will play rather than redirect you to Google Play. I'm not 100% sure if it requires Android 5.0 or not.

EDIT: Android app is now in the UK play store and should work on any version from 2.2 on. As noted, it's not a player in itself, but you do need it installed to play the apps in a browser on an Android device. iOS devices should play stuff right in the browser without apps.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

There's now a link at the bottom of the NJPW World pages to select English language. You select it once and it's permanently set for your account. It's still Google translations, but does some extra stuff like the text on icons that Chrome doesn't do.

I've found the recently launched TVersity ScreenServer (separate to the main Tversity Media Server software) a great solution for watching this on TV. It streams the content of your computer screen to any DNLA-compatible device on your network, which is my case is the PS3.

It's not quite perfect as you get some very brief sound glitches/dropouts, but the picture is fine and the video stream uninterrupted. For best results set transcoding to "never" (NJPW World works fine without it) and make sure you've got nothing else running on your PC except your browser.