NJPW World

Sphinx

23 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Your best bet would be MrLARIATO's NJPW spreadsheet; https://t.co/KAl07xb9gi

Everything in bright orange is highly recommended and it links you right to the match.

Oh, just a heads up, Okada vs Omega from Dominion won the Tokyo Sports MOTY, so New Japan have uploaded the entire match for free! 

That spreadsheet is AMAZING! That will keep me busy over the Christmas period, thank you!

9 hours ago, steamroller said:

Dates, and most venues are usually early April, the Finals dates should be in the Dome show important dates video package. I’m planning on G1 2020 which will be moved from it’s normal sweltering August, due to Olympics. 

Have you seen what Japanese women wear when it's sweltering??

15 hours ago, JNLister said:

I know last year they announced the dates for the final three shows (and the fact it was at Budokan) during Wrestle Kingdom. Not sure if they had the full tour dates though. IIRC, it was part of an announcement for all the big show dates between January and August.

And thank you very much. Was hoping to organise a holiday around the last 3 G1 weekend shows. If I know I'm going to the finals, I am going to be shitting myself watching the tournament. I'm really excited with the idea of this.

5 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Have you seen what Japanese women wear when it's sweltering??

This is an absolutely fair and relevant  point. I’ve seen what they wear in dead of winter so I can imagine. 

Was considering Dominion this year, so that’s sort of summer........

That camera shot in the main event was a legitimate wow moment, I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen it but get on NJPW World right now and watch the main event from Road to WK night 2. Brilliant stuff!

EDIT: Road to the Tokyo Dome* 

Edited by Love-Wilcox

Wrestle Kingdom Predictions:

Omega vs Tanahashi - Omega's reign has been really bland so far, but this match is going to be electric. I fully expect a 100% pro-Tanahashi crowd for this one, and regardless of whether Omega is leaving to go and form this new company with his mates, I see Tana coming out with the win. With the story they've built, it makes sense for Tanahashi to go over and have his one last reign on top before dropping it at Dominion. The only reason I see really for Omega winning is if they really want to headline MSG with him vs Ibushi/Okada, but I'm doubtful. Build for this has been spotty, but I'm expecting a wonderful, emotional match.

Naito vs Jericho - Naito wins. Jericho sticks around for a few money matches (Tanahashi/Okada/Suzuki) but doesn't entertain the prospect of fighting for a title again. Hopefully this isn't the limit for Naito. The reaction he gets on this show will be very telling regarding if the crowd support is still there as much as it was last year. Frustrating that he's stuck in this holding pattern but hopefully a decisive win here gets him back on the right track toward main eventing next year.

Okada vs White - Okada's winning. White has been getting on the better side of him almost every time in the build, so it seems nailed on that he's taking the fall on the big stage. If they aren't having Okada drop a fall to Naito at the Dome, they certainly aren't having him drop one to the Switchblade. I'm expecting interference and shenanigans for sure, but I'd be really surprised to see White win. Two losses at the Dome won't hurt him though, I can see him going straight after Naito, even as early as New Year's Dash.

KUSHIDA vs Ishimori - Unlike Switchblade, who has plenty of avenues to explore in defeat, it's difficult to say the same of Ishimori. The junior division is a lot more limited in terms of that, and for that reason I think he wins here. Clean defeats in the same year to both Hiromu and KUSHIDA, on big stages, wouldn't be befitting of someone as good as him. Incredible as KUSHIDA is, Ishimori holding the strap offers some fresh title defences, and the obvious rematch should Takahashi be able to return. Taiji wins.

Cody vs Juice - Hopefully Juice puts in a shift here, because otherwise this match is going to be completely forgotten about 5 minutes after it ends. Not a slight on the two involved, but on a card this stacked, this match doesn't do a thing in terms of star power or adding to the match quality. Juice winning the belt back makes sense, because then at least you're getting a good reaction for the babyface coming out on top, and he's got a much higher ceiling in Japan than Cody does. Remember when this belt was in the co-main event last year? Juice wins.

Ibushi vs Ospreay - Can't wait to see Kota and little William try and end their own careers to make this dream-match deliver. I'm not expecting a MOTY from these two just yet anyway, given the time they'll be given alongside their probable card placement, but then again last year I witnessed Ibushi doing a swan-dive onto his own head in a match against Cody, so who knows anymore? Regardless, this should still be incredible. If Will is making the transition upto Heavyweight, winning the belt here would be a fantastic way to properly establish himself as being able to match the big boys, but I don't see him getting past Ibushi yet. Kota wins, but we get a big "RESPECT EARNED" spot after the match.

ZSJ vs Ishii - So excited for this one. So pleased Ishii gets a chance on the big stage in a singles environment. Every match they've had together has been exceptional and I don't see this one being any different. I'll say that Zack wins, then drops it to PAC at the RevPro show a few days later, then they can do PAC vs Ospreay for the strap at York Hall.

GoD vs LIJ vs Young Bucks - Should be okay. Would've preferred a straight up 2v2 but this will be fine. It'll be a fun, car-crash type match which hopefully sees LIJ come out on top. 

Despy/Kanemaru vs LIJ vs 3K - Excited for this. Seeing SHINGO clean house at the Dome will be a sight to witness. After Roppongi won the first match between this, I'm going to say BUSHI and SHINGO walk out with the belts, just because that seems like something NJPW would do. Have them pin the Suzuki-Gun team and move into a 2v2 feud with the unpinned 3K would be great, thanks. 

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

On the surface I find myself thinking that they wouldn't click, but I thought the same about AJ Vs Suzuki and they had a cracking match a few years back.

Really hope Jericho sticks around.

The only issue for me with MiSu v Jericho is that I don't want to see either play babyface and both work best opposite a proper babyface.

Yeah, I can certainly see Jericho sticking around. He gets the ego rub of being able to work with the very top guys, and New Japan get some good business out of using him. Wonder if we’ll see him on the MSG show at all. 

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members

Wonderful news! The addition of wholesome Nagata is a welcome change.

It's only just creeping up on me how close this show is and I'm getting genuinely excited for it. Also, don't forget to watch New Year's Dash the next day; always a fun, breezy show that sets up the angles and feuds for the up-coming year.

• Paid Members

Looks like NJPW World's also doing live coverage of the matches at the Fan Fiesta the day before Wrestling Kingdom. It's a mini Lions Gate show with Tiger Mask/Liger vs Uemura/Narita, Nakanishi/Nagata vs Honma/Henare and Kojima/Tenzan vs Umino/Yoshida. Unfortunately it's 3am our time.