TWIN PEAKS IS COMING BACK

Devon Malcolm

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

Sky Atlantic are showing this over here, after seeing it in one if their recent adverts I thought I'd have a gander at their cast list. Fuck me, this is pretty stacked. Spoiler tagging for those who'd rather not know.

As well as most of the original cast, they've added:

Tim Roth

Michael Cera

Jim Belushi

Tom Sizemore

Ernie Hudson

Matthew Lillard

Jennifer Jason Leigh

Amanda Seyfried

Monica Bellucci :love:

Laura Dern

• Paid Members

That cast list is wonderful. A rare occasion when I actually like everyone in it.

The theme song for Twin Peaks is one of my favourite pieces of music ever. I was up at 2AM rocking out to it the other night. I hope they don't dick around with the soundtrack too much in the new series.

• Paid Members

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know why David Lynch stopped making movies?

There were a few interviews years ago that made out that he was bored with trying to get films made and would just make them when he got an idea he liked. Saying that he made Inland Empire in 2013 and has been actively working on Twin Peaks since 2014 so its probably more a case of his attention has been elsewhere for the past few years.

I read he had a lot of trouble getting funding which is why Inland Empire had such a limited release. No major studio would back it, he needed to cobble together various investors from different markets. I remember reading before the Twin Peaks deal played out that he was practically retired due to this. Such a shame the amount of shit we get released by major studios but a true artist like Lynch is forced to retire as no one will inevest in him!

• 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

Twin Peaks has been confirmed for 21st May.

Better brush up on your backwards-speak, because Twin Peaks‘ journey back into the red room will begin on Sunday, May 21, at 9/8c, with a two-hour premiere.All told, the revival will consist of 18 hours, Showtime president and CEO David Nevins announced on Monday afternoon at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

Nevins also shared that immediately following the two-hour opener, Episodes 3 and 4 will be available On Demand and via Showtime’s streaming platform. “We’ve seen the whole thing… and the version of Twin Peaks you’re going to see is the pure-heroin version of David Lynch,” Nevins said. “I’m very excited to put that out.” Storyline-wise, Nevin would only reveal that it’s “about Agent Cooper’s odyssey back to Twin Peaks,” and that an “emotional” story grounds the 18-hour run. Those waiting for a trailer, meanwhile, should plan on waiting. Maybe forever. Nevins indicated that a themed series of teasers (a la American Horror Story) could unspool prior to its May premiere.

Later discussing the unthinkable impact Twin Peaks could have now, in the social-media age, he added, “It rewards close watching, making sure you’re paying attention to details and putting things together over time.”

As for even more Peaks beyond the upcoming 18 hours, Nevins was bearish, saying, “It’s designed to be a closed-ended, one-time event.”
The surreal drama, which aired on ABC from 1990 to 1991, followed FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (to again be played by Kyle McLachlan) as he investigated the curious murder of a homecoming queen in the sleepy town of Twin Peaks, Wash.

Nevins previously described scripts for the upcoming revival as “very satisfying” and that “there are certain basic questions that I had at the end of the original [show] — given where Agent Cooper is — and I think get answered.” The revival’s cast list features the return of several actors from the original series (including MacLachlan, Sherilyn Fenn, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Lee and David Duchovny) as well as a staggering amount of new faces (including Enlightened‘s Laura Dern, Arrested Development‘s Michael Cera, The Thorn Birds‘ Richard Chamberlain, Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor and Gossip Girl‘s Jessica Szohr).

C1w3OdqVQAEIZFh.jpg

xq3v70sTTuGfm.gif

Edited by Bettencourt

• Paid Members

This is probably the first TV Show that isn't my usual bollocks like Midsomer Murder's/Poirot/Endeavour etc. that I'm really looking forward to. Although I will immediately switch it off if they alter the theme song, which in my view is the best one ever. I might set up a thread for TV sound tracks/ theme songs at some point actually. They honestly make a huge difference to the quality of a show for me. The theme song to New Statesman is a regular in my brain tape-deck.

Edited by Gus Mears