TWIN PEAKS IS COMING BACK

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Bettencourt said:

2 weeks until the first episode. Been working my way through both seasons to serve as a reminder. Some of the promo releases have managed to get me quite excited!

I'm doing the same- I've only watched a couple of episodes of the 2nd series. Unlike Gus, I might just tap out after a certain point in series 2, as everyone agrees that it falls to shit thereafter. Am I missing anything (spoiler free) if I do this? Maybe watch the final episode? Also, do I need to watch Fire Walk With Me?

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm doing the same- I've only watched a couple of episodes of the 2nd series. Unlike Gus, I might just tap out after a certain point in series 2, as everyone agrees that it falls to shit thereafter. Am I missing anything (spoiler free) if I do this? Maybe watch the final episode? Also, do I need to watch Fire Walk With Me?

Yeah, I would watch the last couple of episodes, it goes completely mental from recollection and it's the only thing keeping me going through the mid-season mire. 

• Paid Members

Nice one, cheers.

Spoiler

I already know the final scene (I presume it is) where Agent Cooper is laughing maniacally in the mirror and he sees Bob as his reflection. Years of crap TV countdown lists have long spoiled this moment.

• Paid Members

Binged through it all to get a buzz for the new series, I forgot how horrific THAT scene is (a fair few TP scenes are disturbing, but one ranks way above). Can't wait to see how this new series pans out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone caught the first two episodes yet? I got up extra early before work to get it watched. 

It's already much more crazy than anything I can remember from series 1&2. Also the condition of Log Lady was sad. Good on her for getting involved despite obviously being so ill.

Edited by Bettencourt

The fact that there were two episodes was news to me, I didn't realise they were starting with a double. Downloaded the first one this morning ready to watch this evening. Just went back to the torrent place and episodes 3 and 4 are also available, apparently having been released on Showtime's streaming service or something after the opening episodes had aired. Four new episodes of Twin Peaks all in one go! What a treat!

• Paid Members
Spoiler

I didn't particularly like it on first viewing. Not much heart or off-beat comedy, unremitting David Lynch without the Frost filter and quite like FWWM as chokeout said. I also was, somewhat naively, hoping it wouldn't be heavy on the violence and it is. We'll see how it goes.

I kind of get why the plot is going around all over the place, but feel it really loses that wonderful claustrophobic feeling you got from s1 and s2.

I think this may well end up being a good television program, but I'm unsure if that program is going to be Twin Peaks.

Edited by Gus Mears