TWIN PEAKS IS COMING BACK

Devon Malcolm

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

David Lynch has pulled out.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s260/twin-peaks/news/a640013/twin-peaks-revival-uncertain-as-david-lynch-pulls-out.html

It will be very difficult for his replacement to get that atmosphere back in the show. Will be interesting to see what happens now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not looking at the thread in case of spoilers.

However, I started making my way through Twin Peaks last night. Didn't realise the pilot was nearly two hours long. :D Watched that and episode 2 last night. Also, it feels very familiar. I'm thinking I may have watched it as a youngster. Not too sure on that though.

Also, Kyle McLachlan so far seems like the nicest FBI agent to ever have been on television. I can't wait to delv deeper into the story. It has me hooked so far.  :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Have gone through all of the original based on the recommendation of this thread. Really good, but felt that it nosedived somewhat in quality half way through season 2.

Can't believe I didn't watch it before though, huge fan of Lynch's work and Blue Velvet is one of my favourite films ever. Will certainly take a look at the new mini-series when it comes out. Thank you UKFF!

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Have gone through all of the original based on the recommendation of this thread. Really good, but felt that it nosedived somewhat in quality half way through season 2.

That seems to be the consensus of nearly everyone I've spoken to about it. Currently watching through it myself, have just started season 2, so not looking forward to that. I'm told the film "Fire Walk With Me" is very good, though.

Lynch didn't have any involvement in the second series from the episode where the killers identity was revealed, until obviously the last episode. During that time he was filming Wild At Heart. That lack of involvement and the Lynch/Frosts original plan for the show was that the killer was never supposed to be revealed both helped the decline. After this there was no story already present to replace it. 

Edited by benbobjr

• Paid Members

Angelo Badalamenti's score is absolutely outstanding. One bad thing is that at some points the music seems to blare over the top of the actors reading the lines.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I'm working my way through too, about half way through season 2 as we speak. It's a fun watch and it keeps chugging along nicely but it's far from amazing. I kinda stopped caring about who killed Laura Palmer already. Hopefully there's a decent ending to come.