Business names that arouse suspicion

John Matrix

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I remember a Bone and Payne Solicitors in Colwyn Bay. Sounds more like Southern Justice-esque problem solvers.

There's a big London firm in the City called Slaughter & May as well.

• Paid Members

The name of this Chinese takeaway in Dinas Powys always amuses me:

1742857_671424922921666_1251626146_n.jpg

It's been closed for several years now but there used to be a cafe opposite that Chicago Bulls takeaway that Butch mentioned previously called The Warm As Toast cafe. That whole area is mainly populated by students so it was understandably quite famous.

• 3 years later...

Here in Vietnam we have a lot of stalls called "5 Star Chicken" It is anything but in fact as the Vietnamese in the south don't care if a lot of food is hot or cold sometimes its been sitting there unheated for hours.

I dug up a photo I took of a bar in a town called Vung Tau which I thought was pretty funny, the town does have a certain reputation (excuse the poor quality photo), I think it's some kind of seafood restaurant....

Capture.png

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

There was mention of Legal Food in Lincoln earlier in this thread, genuinely an awful Chinese takeaway, that has been closed down due to the owner using the upstairs part of the shop as a farm for growing marijuana. 

That was me, the inspiration for this thread no less!  Your update is the least remarkable news i've ever heard, although significantly better than the wonderful rumour we were told by students at the University that the staff would cook stir-fry in gigantic woks full of sperm.

• Paid Members

It had been there a long time, I certainly remember it as a kid so probably 35+ years and there were always rumours about it. Things like if you went through the rubbish you would find lots of dog and cat collars as that's what they used for meat, or that the owners also ran a brothel and an illegal gambling den. I'd not heard the giant woks full of sperm rumour but it was rumoured that the "Special Chow Mein" had a special sauce you really wouldn't want. 

Archived