Business names that arouse suspicion

John Matrix

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Guildford we used to have a half decent chicken shop, but it closed and was replaced by the suspicious sounding

21417076.jpg

Which does fried chicken and... chinese food.  Hmm.

• Paid Members

Here in Guildford we used to have a half decent chicken shop, but it closed and was replaced by the suspicious sounding

21417076.jpg

Which does fried chicken and... chinese food.  Hmm.

"Tasty Bar" is exactly the sort of thing i was getting at in the first post, just an unecessarily over the top way to convince you it's not shite.

I love the place next to it though, proudly advertising CHINESE TASTE.

• Paid Members

There are millions of good ones in Japan. "Pub Food Yuki" was one of my favourites.

I think this post just proves that we've all spent far too much time watching Bottom growing up

Blasphemy.

I have just started working with a girl in her early 20s that is a big Bottom fan. I am obviously planning to marry her.

• Paid Members

Stockport has a factory with a big sign for Universal AIDS Ltd.

I'm sure it's a bogus story, but supposedly a bloke in Manchester changed his name to Ken Tucky so he could open a fried chicken shop without being sued.

• Paid Members

I'm sure it's a bogus story, but supposedly a bloke in Manchester changed his name to Ken Tucky so he could open a fried chicken shop without being sued.

I'm sure that's a Duncan Thickett gag.

New Jersey Fried Chicken, on the north circular — that's a fave. And the former grease bucket London chinatown restaurant, Won Kee — 4 floors of various inedible buffet for a low low price — I found a rubber band AND a bottle cap in the fried wings on the same visit.

• Paid Members

There are millions of good ones in Japan. "Pub Food Yuki" was one of my favourites.

I think this post just proves that we've all spent far too much time watching Bottom growing up

Blasphemy.

I have just started working with a girl in her early 20s that is a big Bottom fan. I am obviously planning to marry her.

Hehe, i was waiting for someone to say that.  We all know of course there is no such thing as too much Bottom watching, ahem.

• Paid Members

"Chinese Food To Take Away" - hardly inspiring, if they can't even be bothered to come up with a decent name then I imagine they don't put much effort in with the food either.

There used to be one near me called "Zone 2000". I never tried it myself, but I like to think you could have a quick round of LazerQuest before your food was ready. 

Archived