Business names that arouse suspicion

John Matrix

Stockport has a factory with a big sign for Universal AIDS Ltd.

I'm sure it's a bogus story, but supposedly a bloke in Manchester changed his name to Ken Tucky so he could open a fried chicken shop without being sued.

I know there is a McTucky Fried Chicken in Manchester, there is also a Rythym and Booze Off Licence in Doncaster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a shop in Newcastle that's called The 'Potato and Egg' shop which is either genius or shite, i haven't decided yet.

I remember there was a chippy in Sunderland called Clems which always raised a giggle.

EDIT: I realize i'm going off-topic here but i figure this is the place to share this one

RockBottom_zpsedb0d32e.jpg

They've been in business for years and i remember going in a while ago and picking up loads of old PSOne games for 50p each

• Paid Members

I remember there was a chippy in Sunderland called Clems which always raised a giggle

This made me laugh because i can imagine you laughing at it every time you walked by - it's exactly what i'd do, in fact i am, just reading the word Clems.

• Paid Members

I don't get why that's funny?

I'm not entirely sure it is, it just sounds funny to me, like it could feasibly be a slang term for a ladies part or something similar. 

Don't you have any perfectly harmless words that make you giggle, just because of the way they sound? 

Ha. That reminds me of a steak house I saw in a tiny little village in Italy that had appropriated the Chicago Bulls logo for outside their restaurant. I love stuff like that.

We had a resturant here called The Gorge, the walls were done like caves - I guess like Cheddar Gorge, not that it was located anywhere near it. They had loads of Pokemon painted onto the counter, all in the wrong colours. A bizarre place, but I used to love it as a kid.

In Folkestone amongst the dozens of kebab shops there is one called "The Best Kebab".

9350.gif

It got a massive 0 out of 5 in their recent food hygiene inspection:

http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/Hygiene-ratings-reveal-best-ndash-rest/story-21651558-detail/story.html

There's a Best Kebab in Glasgow that's fucking rank too. My mate bought a kebab from there once, ate less than half before offering it to a homeless chap, who declined on learning where it had come from.

Archived