The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

Brilliant show yesterday, such a fun afternoon of wrestling.

Thankfully a mate picked me up a ticket for the next Manchester show (bit weird them going on sale at noon rather than 10pm). Great to see interest picking up, even if it does mean me potentially missing shows due to missing out on a ticket. Usually when I get the train to Manchester I never see another wrestling shirt/hoodie etc but yesterday there were at least 6/7 on my carriage alone.

Will be interesting to see if PROGRESS continue with current venues and are happy with the 700 max crowds or look into running slightly bigger venues. I could see them easily getting 900-1,000 per show

Brilliant show yesterday, such a fun afternoon of wrestling.

Thankfully a mate picked me up a ticket for the next Manchester show (bit weird them going on sale at noon rather than 10pm). Great to see interest picking up, even if it does mean me potentially missing shows due to missing out on a ticket. Usually when I get the train to Manchester I never see another wrestling shirt/hoodie etc but yesterday there were at least 6/7 on my carriage alone.

Will be interesting to see if PROGRESS continue with current venues and are happy with the 700 max crowds or look into running slightly bigger venues. I could see them easily getting 900-1,000 per show

Not sure why they went with midday, some asked on Twitter, but they didn't say. It was fine for me since I have the day off on a Monday, but if I was at work would almost certainly not have been able to get tickets.

Based on the speed of demand, they could easily fill a bigger venue, but the smaller venues have better atmosphere and they seem to be of the "if it ain't broke" mindset. Many other promotions have overreached and ended up booking venues they can't fill.

I wasn't at their show yesterday when they presumably announced the presale time, and as such haven't been able to pick up tickets initially. I'm 99% positive I'll be able to snap some up on Twickets before the actual day, but it's still a bit of a miffing change.

• Paid Members

Though they haven't said, it could be something to do with WhatCulture's show in Manchester tonight.  Potentially thinking a lot of Manchester-based fans will be out at that show at 10pm?

Probably not, considering by the same logic even more Manchester-based fans will be at work at noon too...

I'm not complaining - I was at work and still managed to bag a front row.... ;-)

• Paid Members

Though they haven't said, it could be something to do with WhatCulture's show in Manchester tonight. Potentially thinking a lot of Manchester-based fans will be out at that show at 10pm?

Probably not, considering by the same logic even more Manchester-based fans will be at work at noon too...

I'm not complaining - I was at work and still managed to bag a front row.... ;-)

They wouldn't be that nice. One of their onsales clashed with Raw house show at the MEN.

Been announced by Regal that the Tyler Bate/Mark Andrews match for the Wrestlecon show will now have the WWE UK title on the line, making history as the first male title to ever be defended outside the company and the first period since Alundra Blayze faced Bull Nakano in Japan for the Women's title in 1994

Really good Tuesday night Jaw podcast with Pastor this week. Wasnt the back story I expected at all from his character, but sounds like he has sorted his life out and is doing well for himself

• Paid Members

Been announced by Regal that the Tyler Bate/Mark Andrews match for the Wrestlecon show will now have the WWE UK title on the line, making history as the first male title to ever be defended outside the company and the first period since Alundra Blayze faced Bull Nakano in Japan for the Women's title in 1994

Is that definitely true? Surely the WWF Junior Heavyweight Title which was the default NJPW Junior title in the 80s counts, or Shawn Michaels defending the IC belt in SMW in 95? Or am I missing something?

• Paid Members

The standalone Progress IPPV has the match. It's a bit pricey at $19.99 and is on the WWN Live site rather than FloSlam, which has the Supershow and all the Evolve stuff.

http://wwnlive.com/product/progress-wrestling-presents-progress-orlando-ippv-live-viewing-video-demand/

Edited by Benno