The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

My group managed 7 front row for the July Birmingham return.  The whole place, every seat, all standing tickets, sold out in about 5 minutes, which is a first for a non-London show, I believe.

As others have said, though, PROGRESS will likely release batches of more standing tickets over the coming weeks.  Just assuming, but I think they do it this way since their costs (venue, security, insurance, etc.) will be based on certain attendances (e.g. "up to 600", "up to 700", etc.) so they will sell out at a lower limit before deciding to up it and sell more if they think it will justify the cost of the next level.  There's also a massive resale culture with PROGRESS tickets (even more so with the show being so many months away), so keep an eye on the Twickets resale site once it has finally, definitely, absolutely sold out.

What I also noticed with Birmingham, as you'd probably expect with it being bang in the middle of the country, is that it attracted interest from both the regulars that go to London and the regulars that go the 'northern' (Manchester, Sheffield) shows at the same time.  Obviously there are a few that go to both, but the crossover isn't that big.  Birmingham got people from both groups interested.

I really enjoyed last Sunday's Birmingham debut.  Really fun show.  The women's match was atrocious, and will likely be one of the worst matches I will see like this year, and I didn't see any of the Sebastian vs. Jack Sexsmith match, but everything else was really good.  I loved the surprises - they really created a massive buzz of excitement that lasted the entire show and made for a great atmosphere.  The main event for the ATLAS Title between Rampage and Matt Riddle was excellent - I really loved it.  Riddle is a natural performer gifted with natural charisma and likeability, but his style, his timing, his movement etc, is so different to what you expect from a 'normal' wrestling match he makes it so different and interesting.  He is also so laid back, it means that when he does up the intensity it makes it really dramatic.  Superb stuff.  Rampage, too, looked fantastic in that match.

I was planning on scaling back on the number of Camden shows I attend this year for various reasons.  I'm going to the one in less than 2 weeks (Jimmy Havoc vs. Pete Dunne, + 2017 Thunderbastard Match), and know I'm missing the February one (I'm at the PCW weekender with Pentagon that day), but if they keep things going the way they have I think I'll be wanting to go to a lot more than anticipated...

As a person with limited time, if I were to sign up to Progress on demand for a month or two, what are the absolutely must-watch matches? I've heard so much about Progress (and obviously it's in the eyes of people due to WWEUKCT), and I've got a DVD or two from WrestleCrate, but never really watched much of it. I'm not one that's able to sit down and watch match after match, so a 'compilation' of sorts of the top matches would be awesome. 

I've got
Zack Gibson vs Flash Morgan Webster (Natural Progression)
ZSJ vs Will Ospreay (Super Strong Style 16 Final)
Jimmy Havoc vs Will Ospreay (Progress title match)
Sumerian Death Squad Open Title Challenge (Progress tag titles)
ZSJ vs Tommaso Ciampa

What else should I be looking at? 

Edit - Just seen this... https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/4w8von/bestfavorite_progress_matches/

Edited by iPumaPants

• Paid Members

The second half of the November Camden show starting Riddle vs Ospreay and the first half of Unboxing Live from last month would get you up to speed with the current situation with the PROGRESS singles and tag titles and provide plenty of great stuff.

I found Rob's guide to Progressing through PROGRESS useful when I got stuck in a rut (skip all the boring dudes basically)

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47

Unlike him I do like comedy though and its not what PROGRESS is associated with but I loved the Project Ego vs Grado/Manson match.

That's awesome. Thanks so much!

• Paid Members

I found Rob's guide to Progressing through PROGRESS useful when I got stuck in a rut (skip all the boring dudes basically)

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47

Unlike him I do like comedy though and its not what PROGRESS is associated with but I loved the Project Ego vs Grado/Manson match.

That's awesome. Thanks so much!

Hehe I got dragged into the Conga during the tag match by Travis. Miss that guy.