The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

This was such a good show, shame there's no talk. It'd be good to have an ongoing Brit Wres topic on the main board, rather than these hidden away topics for individual promoting. Seems like there's been lots going on lately with Progress, Rev Pro, What Culture, ICW with their big show last week and even WOS on ITV.

Ospreay and Riddle really was incredible. Well worth a watch when it comes on Demand. Was blown away with how much of a star Riddle comes off in person. He was just instantly over.

Absolutely love what they did with Pete Dunne too. He's been incredible everywhere as a singles and while his tag work was good in Progress, there was always money being left on the table by not going with him as a top singles act. Glad they put that right. Seven and Tyler are much better off together too. Interested in what is coming next with British Strong Style on top, so many possibilities. My full recap of the show for PWTorch is here

Edited by Benno

This was such a good show, shame there's no talk. It'd be good to have an ongoing Brit Wres topic on the main board, rather than these hidden away topics for individual promoting. Seems like there's been lots going on lately with Progress, Rev Pro, What Culture, ICW with their big show last week and even WOS on ITV.

Ospreay and Riddle really was incredible. Well worth a watch when it comes on Demand. Was blown away with how much of a star Riddle comes off in person. He was just instantly over.

Absolutely love what they did with Pete Dunne too. He's been incredible everywhere as a singles and while his tag work was good in Progress, there was always money being left on the table by not going with him as a top singles act. Glad they put that right. Seven and Tyler are much better off together too. Interested in what is coming next with British Strong Style on top, so many possibilities. My full recap of the show for PWTorch is here

I tried to start an icw discussion in main page and got told off, guess we aren't allowed to celebrate uk scene doing well. Bitching about tna free crowds more important than a uk company selling 6k

Got progress on demand this week, watched a couple of shows so far. Thought I would enjoy it as a change , but I'm enjoying it far more than I expected. Chapter 39 was a great show, and like you im excited by BSS. the promo they released through the week of the three of them made them all look super hard, and also gave away that they all see themselves leaving to wwe or Japan. Gives an interesting dynamic to having challengers basically having to "save" the titles for the company so they don't leave with them. Should generate big time atmosphere for their matches. couldn't decide where to start watching from, so watching backwards from 39

• 2 weeks later...
Just watched PROGRESS Chapter 40, and I'm absolutely sold on Pete Dunne as champion, in a way I never was on Marty Scurll.

Nothing against Marty, who's a great wrestler, but following my all-time favourite heel champion (Jimmy Havoc) was never going to be an easy task. He did what he could to differentiate himself, and I got the focus on his desire to win (vs. Jimmy's desire to inflict harm first & foremost), but it didn't feel too far from what I'd already seen and enjoyed more.

Watching Pete Dunne vs Zack Sabre Jr. has me fully on board with Dunne in PROGRESS now. Always enjoyed his matches, but wasn't sure if he'd be able to pull me into a narrative, which is what I'm looking for in PROGRESS' championship runs.

With Jimmy & Marty, you had two champions who were ultimately undeserving. They used a blatant disregard for the rules to hold onto the belt. With Dunne beating ZSJ straight up, you have a deserving champion who recognises himself as 'above' the promotion as a whole - who is using his status as champion to elevate himself to a career in America or Japan.

Very excited to see this develop, and watch Dunne sink his teeth into a bigger narrative effort.

Sidenote: El Ligero & Mastiff had me in stitches through both their matches. Absolutely hilarious stuff, and finally enjoyed Nathan Cruz as the po-faced leader too dour for their antics. More of this please.

Not really the fault of Marty Scurll, who's won me over as a wrestler in the past few years. Just happened at the wrong time. Following up Havoc's long reign with another heel champion who cheats to win felt like a watered down version of what I'd just seen. He was also hurt by not having an Ospreay to go against; I like Haskins well enough and was jumping for joy when he won, but I was almost in tears for Ospreay when he finally did it. They were always going to struggle to top that for me, which is why that I'm excited Dunne seems to be going in a different direction.