The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

I like Spud a lot, but yeah, this is one of the weaker cards from Progress in a while. WWEUK and other top guys leaving have left the top end of this first Birmingham card in a bit of a state. I'm not even sure what the main event is supposed to be.

*Watch Progress pull something out the bag and leave me red faced for this post.

• Paid Members

^^ I'd agree with that - the announced line-up resembles more of an ENDVR show that a full 'Chapter'.  On paper there seems very little to be interested in or excited about...

... but I've just got this feeling that they've got stuff planned that will end up being a bit special, memorable and worthwhile.  In that respect, I'm looking forward to it.

It's the weakest card on paper I can remember for a PROGRESS show but really, really looking forward to it.

Bought tickets as soon as they went on sale in September. I think it's fair to say PROGRESS and the atmosphere of shows are the draw more than any particular talent, the show selling out weeks before first match was announced backs that up I feel.

It's going to be a great afternoon of wrestling, no doubt.

Plus, if Mikey Whiplash answers Rampage Brown's open challenge I'll definitely get my monies worth

Whippy's already done it at Chapter 37. But seeing as he's dropped the corpse paint and fishnets thing. I guess he could still make like Luke Gallows (FKA Imposter Kane & Festus and his SES run as Gallows) and make a re-re-redebut for Progress character wise. Wouldn't mind that. I'm coming up for my first Progress show so it's my round. I'll be the guy in glasses and the Very Very Very, Breaky Breaky Breaky, Bishi Bishiiii!!! Shirt they did for Kris Travis if anyone wants to say hi. Got a regular seat for this. Not too bothered about the card. It's ok. A couple of guys I'm looking forward to seeing. Hopefully should be a good time as I've always wanted to go to Progress. And Birmingham has made it possible.

What an excellent show the Birmingham debut was. One of my favourite events I've been to in a while.

There wasn't a match on there that was standout, moty type candidate but it was just a fun pro wrestling show for what, on paper, looked a weak card, by recent PROGRESS standards.

The 3 surprises were fantastic. Matt Riddle oozes charisma, you can't help but love the guy.

Edited by Krytie 2X4B 523P

Last night delivered more than we could have anticipated. I've not marked out as much as I did for Finn Balor. Especially getting to do the raised arms bit live. Fair play to Progress giving my money's worth before any actual wrestling. Will certainly be getting a ticket for Chapter 51: Screaming For Progress tonight.

First Progress show I have been to and I got to say it converted me from a casual fan to a huge fan.The atmosphere was probably the best I have been to, I'm usually not a fan of the 'chanting' style crowd but it works so well at Progress, mostly I think due to the fact the fans are not trying to 'hijack' the show so to speak, everybody is just there to watch some wrestling and have a good time.

Finn Balor was really cool but for me the highlight was Havoc v End, just a really cool match to see live (even though I have to admit it wasn't anything special). Riddle just has 'it' for me, I wasn't expecting him to win the belt.

Does anybody know the names of Havocs and Mastiff/ligero themes? Been humming them all morning

Bumped into two people I know who where at the show yesterday on my way home from Blackpool, and tried for, a ticket based on their account of it being worth it, missed 10pm as was at a show and all had gone by half past