The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

Still not been lucky enough to book a show. Got the OD service tho and watched the show where Balor turned up and played musical chairs. Fun stuff despite a lot of the big boys not being there but it was great to see Spud. Paul Robinson and Sebastian were massive pricks in a good way. My first taste of Matt Riddle, seems a likeable dude. I'm guessing he wrestles in bare feet cos MMA but I found it kind of irksome for no particular reason. If I was working him my offense would be nothing but toe stamps and going "you want to get some boots, lad"

I'll be watching as much as possible, but whats a chapter I absolutely Must see?

Edited by sj5522

A really fun recent show that'd get you up to speed with the current angles etc would be Chapter 39. Just an easy show to watch, a great pro wrestling event.

You could even start from Chapter 36, their Brixton show, and work up to the latest chapter to get up to speed.

If you have time then obviously Chapter 1, but you could probably start from 10 and sink your teeth in to the whole Jimmy Havoc storyline.

I started with recent ones, went back and watched from sss16 to present. Went back to watch from start, but first 5 aren't that great. They say themselves they improved production from 9 onwards

Aye, may have to do that as I'm settling from going up from chapter 25 or so. I definitely have to reserve my judgement on Havoc, but currently he reminds me of a pervy goth Garth Merenghi

Got around to chapter 43 and I'm sold as fuck on those German lads Ringkampf. Now that's a team, amazing look on them, hope to see more of them in future

• Paid Members

There's also a two-part compilation on the On Demand service chronicling the Jimmy Havoc story, so that might be a good time-saver.

Cheers for that finally signed up after seeing this as everyone recommends the Havoc storyline as a starting point

That was from the DVD set they did. I got it. It comes in this metal tin. You got loads of stuff. Havoc picture cards. One is signed by him, sticker sheet, bottle opener keyring, little 2016 calender, exclusive t shirt and the best part is a custom Jimmy Havoc Lego MiniFigure. He comes with an axe. Best thing ever. They sold out pretty quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday's card is looking pretty, pretty good.

Pete Dunne vs Jimmy Havoc for the PROGRESS World Title

British Strong Style vs South Pacific Power Trip for the Tag Titles

Will Ospreay vs Mark Andrews

Zack Gibson vs El Ligero

Ringkampf vs Hunter Brothers

Jinny vs Nixon Newell (NPS Semi Final)

James Drake vs Jack Sexsmith

Nathan Cruz vs Flash Morgan Webster

I imagine that World title match is going to see a fair few shenanigans involving Ospreay, BSS and Webster. Wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Robinson and Mark Haskins turn up either.

Sunday's card is looking pretty, pretty good.

Pete Dunne vs Jimmy Havoc for the PROGRESS World Title

British Strong Style vs South Pacific Power Trip for the Tag Titles

Will Ospreay vs Mark Andrews

Zack Gibson vs El Ligero

Ringkampf vs Hunter Brothers

Jinny vs Nixon Newell (NPS Semi Final)

James Drake vs Jack Sexsmith

Nathan Cruz vs Flash Morgan Webster

I imagine that World title match is going to see a fair few shenanigans involving Ospreay, BSS and Webster. Wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Robinson and Mark Haskins turn up either.

Top show all round. I won't spoil for anyone planning to watch on Demand, but there was only one interference in the main event - it was manic enough as it was, being a no-DQ and the ring apron concealing an impressive array of weaponry.

First time live and won't be my last, best crowd and atmosphere at a live event I have attended.

• Paid Members

I don't think I've laughed as uproariously at a wrestling show as I did during Ligero Vs Gibson yesterday. It was a great show, some cracking matches and that main event was quite the spectacle.