The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• 2 weeks later...

What was going on on here re Progress around may 15? Watched the live podcasts from then yesterday on demand progress, and ukff gets bashed repeatedly. I read this thread end to end a few weeks back and can't see where criticism came from.

• Paid Members

It's just a general British wrestling industry thing - "the UKFF" is a byword to them for "internet fan"...

...without them actually realising that the general attitudes and opinions of UKFF populace has for years been pretty much the OPPOSITE of what they're actually talking about...

• Paid Members

I did it myself embarrassingly enough, when I was training to wrestle - though that was 10 years ago. It's a very thin skinned business. I never met a wrestler who didn't lurk here.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Yeah I recall one of the owners laughing saying something like "when was the last time the UKFF was still relevant". Bit pathetic to say. This site has never been (or claimed to be) relevant. It's a relatively small wrestling forum for fucks sake.

Edited by LaGoosh

Watched Unboxing Live today, tremendously enjoyable show. Really liked the women's match - never really rated the likes of Pollyanna and Jinny at all, so it'd be great to see these two become more regular fixtures in Progress. Toni Storm especially just seems to get better and better - no doubt her time in Japan has really helped her!

The Ospreay heel turn was pretty masterful too. Metaphorically and almost literally gutting Jimmy Havoc at the very moment he chose to show a little vulnerability, reach out a hand of friendship and actually ask someone for help. It was almost Shakespearean. What a total dick.

It was incredible. I'd already gotten excited at the prospect of the two working together, so when the turn came I may have gotten a bit too emotionally invested. Sat in my living room, head in hands. 

The flight case reveal has to be one of my favourite surprise wrestler entrances too. For some reason I didn't put two & two together to get the obvious - got a squeal out of me.

Fantastic show.

The last few progress shows since brixton have all been really good. I've watched chapter 39 at least 3 times and I haven't done that with a show in years.

Ospreys turn will be really good, but begs the question of who wil go against BSS if havoc is busy with swords of Essex?

Looking forward to next weekend for my first Progress show. So it's my round. Naturally, the show hit a downside as the reigning World and Tag Champs are in Blackpool for the WWE UK Title tournament. But permitting if they advance in the tournament for the Sunday show and depending what WWE want to do. Whether that's have a throwaway match before the final or not. That raises the possibility of one of them turning up unannounced. It's a shame. But shouldn't let it drag it down too much. Happy with what they've announced so far:

Rampage Brown Atlas Championship Open Challenge

Women's Natural Progression Series: Livvii Grace v Alex Windsor

Ringkampf (Big Daddy Walter & Axel Dieter Jr) v London Riots. That's going to be quite something live.

Looking forward to seeing what else they got.

The last few progress shows since brixton have all been really good. I've watched chapter 39 at least 3 times and I haven't done that with a show in years.

Ospreys turn will be really good, but begs the question of who wil go against BSS if havoc is busy with swords of Essex?

I think the thing to remember is that with BSS in WWEUK and Will with ROH and NJPW, they aren't likely to all be available for every show. So Havoc just feuds with ALL THE HEELS.