The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

Those first six rows were pretty much gone in the first minute of the general sale yesterday.  And, doing the maths, those would account for a chunk fewer than the 700 that they get in the ballroom, so I guess that was no surprise at all.  I missed out on those, and there's no way I'm going to pay £41 to sit behind at least six other heads and not be able to see a thing.  I pity the poor fuckers paying £35.50 to sit in row nineteen!

Seeing as how these days, SummerSlam have this gimmick of keeping it in the same city for a few years after 2009-14 was at Staples Center in LA and 2015-17 has been the Barclays Center. Remains to be seen if it's staying there for a couple more years at the moment, quite surprised by now, there's not been many shows to cash in on any tourists like WrestleMania now it's a weekender. I know it's not on the same scale as WrestleMania. But it's curious to think about.

• Paid Members

Super Strong Style 16 tickets have been on Twickets in plentiful supply today, if anyone fancies coming to Camden for the weekend at short notice.

Should be a cracking tournament. Mark Andrews vs Flamita and David Starr vs Zack Sabre Jr stand out among the first round bouts for me, plus Jimmy Havoc vs Travis Banks should split the crowd in interesting ways.

The women's NPS tournament concludes on night 2, but Kay Lee Ray vs Katey Harvey to determine the first number one contender should be a better bout.

I suppose those who get one are in for a treat. Crazy to think it sold out on weekend tickets alone. Just wonder who Roy Johnson gets for the Wasteman Challenge. They must be pulling something out of the bag with that. Looking forward to seeing what their Women's Championship looks like. If they kept at props for Chapionships over belts. I reckon they'd have had a sceptre for the Women's Title.

1 hour ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

I suppose those who get one are in for a treat. Crazy to think it sold out on weekend tickets alone. Just wonder who Roy Johnson gets for the Wasteman Challenge. They must be pulling something out of the bag with that. Looking forward to seeing what their Women's Championship looks like. If they kept at props for Chapionships over belts. I reckon they'd have had a sceptre for the Women's Title.

Bear in mind last year it was Eddie Dennis

• 4 weeks later...