739 replies to this topic

#736 Krytie 2X4B 523P

Krytie 2X4B 523P

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 14:11

Brilliant show yesterday, such a fun afternoon of wrestling.

Thankfully a mate picked me up a ticket for the next Manchester show (bit weird them going on sale at noon rather than 10pm). Great to see interest picking up, even if it does mean me potentially missing shows due to missing out on a ticket. Usually when I get the train to Manchester I never see another wrestling shirt/hoodie etc but yesterday there were at least 6/7 on my carriage alone.

Will be interesting to see if PROGRESS continue with current venues and are happy with the 700 max crowds or look into running slightly bigger venues. I could see them easily getting 900-1,000 per show

#737 Tim R-T-C

Tim R-T-C

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 14:45

Brilliant show yesterday, such a fun afternoon of wrestling.

Thankfully a mate picked me up a ticket for the next Manchester show (bit weird them going on sale at noon rather than 10pm). Great to see interest picking up, even if it does mean me potentially missing shows due to missing out on a ticket. Usually when I get the train to Manchester I never see another wrestling shirt/hoodie etc but yesterday there were at least 6/7 on my carriage alone.

Will be interesting to see if PROGRESS continue with current venues and are happy with the 700 max crowds or look into running slightly bigger venues. I could see them easily getting 900-1,000 per show

Not sure why they went with midday, some asked on Twitter, but they didn't say. It was fine for me since I have the day off on a Monday, but if I was at work would almost certainly not have been able to get tickets.

Based on the speed of demand, they could easily fill a bigger venue, but the smaller venues have better atmosphere and they seem to be of the "if it ain't broke" mindset. Many other promotions have overreached and ended up booking venues they can't fill.

My Brit-Wrestling Flickr Gallery - fully annotated photos from 1PW, PW101, DPW, SSW & PCW - 2009 to 2012

#738 firstnameunknown

firstnameunknown

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 15:26

Yeah I'm intrigued and unnerved by the change to noon for tickets being on sale too. I could wangle a weird early lunch hour at work but still, it'll be a pain in the arse.

#739 AdamTH17

AdamTH17

Jobber

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 16:02

I wasn't at their show yesterday when they presumably announced the presale time, and as such haven't been able to pick up tickets initially. I'm 99% positive I'll be able to snap some up on Twickets before the actual day, but it's still a bit of a miffing change.

#740 Big Benny HG

Big Benny HG

No. 1 Contender

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,294 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 17:11

Though they haven't said, it could be something to do with WhatCulture's show in Manchester tonight.  Potentially thinking a lot of Manchester-based fans will be out at that show at 10pm?

Probably not, considering by the same logic even more Manchester-based fans will be at work at noon too...

I'm not complaining - I was at work and still managed to bag a front row.... ;-)