Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

On a semi-related mostly on-topic point, I watched Paige's debut the other day and it is really embarrassing how much AJ just copied CM Punk towards the end of her title reign. I don't care if she was shagging him or not, it's virtually word-for-word the sort of promo he was doing when he was Mr. 434 or however many days.

That was the idea surely?

• Paid Members

I know if I was shagging Punk then pillow talk would be tattoos, music and how to cut a good promo. Makes sense that she would end up approaching things the same way he would if he was giving her advice

I know if I was shagging punk the pillow talk would be real ale, what makes a truly great fried breakfast and the hits of Chas & Dave.

Makes sense that he would end up approaching things the same way I would if I was giving him advice.

I'd have him be less of a sour faced whingeing ratbag too to be fair.

• Paid Members

TheShowOff is actually right, though. He (Pitcos) was calling her a hypocrite for reading a script.

No. He was saying that the "Pipebomb" promo wasn't effective because it came off as hypocritical. Punk's promo worked because there was enough truth to it that it felt completely real. AJ's was largely bollocks. Even aside from the "talent isn't sexually transmitted line", she's as much a product of the WWE machine as the rest of them.

It's a bit like when Big Show was bullying the Million Dollar Tough Enough boys because they hadn't paid their dues. Coming from Bradshaw or Hardcore Holly, it might've made sense. Coming from a bloke whose first match was a World Title win over Hulk Hogan in a Pay Per View Main Event, it felt odd. Was it scripted? Yes. Does it make Paul Wight, the person, a hypocrite? Of course not. Was it stupid? Yes. Yes it was.

Incidentally, the "talent isn't sexually transmitted" line was stupid in kayfabe as well. Are we all just supposed to pretend that AJ didn't get over by being a total bike? The character had more relationships than all the women she was ripping on put together.

Speaking of all this, when was the last time the WWE hired anyone conventionally unattractive. Probably Amazing Kong. The way things nowadays, there's just as many people who go for the AJ/Paige type look as they do the Bellas. Hell, when you think of the average wrestling fan, there's probably more, as they think they're more attainable.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Anyway, the answer to Handspants' question is Bayley.

Christ, she's not attractive at all is she? I was watching NXT the other day and even my other half, who always sees the best in peoples' looks, commented on her horse-like face.

Edited by Slapnut