RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Read this fact on WrestleMania VII on who has died from it:

Lord Alfred Hayes & Gorilla Monsoon were commentators

Savage (w/ Sherri) vs Ultimate Warrior (Elizabeth watching on)

Big Bossman (w/ Andre in his corner)-Mr.Perfect

Kerry Von Erich-Dino Bravo

Road Warriors-Power & Glory - Hawk and Hercules are dead

Also passing away: Paul Bearer, Crush, Earthquake & British Bulldog

That event is so damn sad looking back.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gutted

Seems very odd considering a year ago he was youtubing post workout & saying how he workouts out like a loon still

Very odd that he'd 'go' doing something simple and not during his mental workouts.

He never seemed bothered about the fame so if he was ill id have thought & he'd have disapeared off radar.

His hair looked longer and he looks big so i hope he didnt get on the gas with a view to returning???

Really feel for his kids. Didnt smoke, drink, stay up late, do drugs or (according to him) use roids since 91 and this & yet Roberts & Hall 2 major cainers look better & healthier than in years!

Maybe 35+ yrs of exercising like mad & being so worked out did him??

It is mental though that he'd do a speech like that & then pass

Very sad!

• Moderators

Yeah, it really is sad Ian. It's good really that kids watching today hopefully won't see their heroes dropping like flies as they get older like we have. It's changed for the better in that way.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I don't think this would have been half as shocking if the last week hadn't happened. After seeing him finally at peace, burying hatchets and his wife and kids adore him so much, it's pretty unbelievable to take in.

• Paid Members
His hair looked longer and he looks big so i hope he didnt get on the gas with a view to returning???

2008:

9611888:jpeg_preview_large.jpg

2011:

281940_231574976865170_231574830198518_802544_2352260_n.jpg

2013:

0OV4mdJ.jpg

You are assuming he ever got off some form of enhancement. In all the years I watched wrestling, I never saw an out of shape Warrior. In fact I saw him a few years back post pictures of a torn bicep and tweet stuff like "fuck the doctors, I've healed myself" a few weeks later.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Even when he dropped weight and was Kerry Von Erich wearing a singlet he was still massive. His heart must have been working overtime.

Is there any chance that there was a pre existing condition he knew about? I mean, it's just funny that he made peace with Hogan, McMahon, and everything in general in the run up to his death. And there was a real sense of finality and closure in his speech.

Edited by PowerButchi

Just checked WWE.com something I don't often but first thing I did when I got on to my computer for no real reason and it took my breath away to read about the hugely sad death of the Ultimate Warrior. Love him or hate him the guy was a performer through and through, he had they incredible ability to hold any crowd in the palm of his hand after the first few cords of his epic entrance music.

It makes things a little easier knowing that just days before his death he was embraced by WWE and the in a lot of ways the wrestling business as a whole, he went out on a high, hopefully with passion, pride and happiness in his heart. Its nice to know that he must have realised in the last few short days the love and respect that was felt for him by many, I've got a feeling that over the past weekend and days hatches were buried and he was on good terms with a lot of people which is a nice feeling. Its so sad that he has passed but the Ultimate Warrior is immortal and will never be forgotten.

RIP Warrior!!!

A friend of mine rang me at 8am to inform me of the sad news.

We both met Warrior at the Wrestleslam convention in 2008. We both agreed that the Warrior was the nicest bloke we have met in Pro Wrestling. He was personable, funny and a true gentleman to people on that day.

As a performer, along with Savage and Hogan, he will always be a strong memory from my childhood. As stated by Ian above, he just had the greatest look in pro wrestling.

RIP

Quite unbelievable really. The timing of all this almost seems like it was written that way. It there wasn't the awful sadness of a family losing its father, this might have been the perfect way for a Warrior to go out...

Peace made with everyone, one last big Wrestlemania, induction to the Hall of Fame and recognition from the whole industry for his contributions. Then.... he's gone.

I think my first two wrestling VHS ever were a Hogan video and Summerslam 88. By God, I watched Warrior killing Honky about a million times. He was even the focus of a Red Nose Day Fun-Run costume at school. Must have been about 1989 or 1990...

020.jpg

..rocking the war paint and tassels in my mum's garden before heading to school.

RIP Warrior.

• Paid Members
Even when he dropped weight and was Kerry Von Erich wearing a singlet he was still massive. His heart must have been working overtime.

Is there any chance that there was a pre existing condition he knew about? I mean, it's just funny that he made peace with Hogan, McMahon, and everything in general in the run up to his death. And there was a real sense of finality and closure in his speech.

Its that speech deffo makes it look that way. HOF "there wont be one more match" statement is kind of strange to he always looked in great shape and could have pulled off one match vs someone selling for him.

A friend of mine rang me at 8am to inform me of the sad news.

We both met Warrior at the Wrestleslam convention in 2008. We both agreed that the Warrior was the nicest bloke we have met in Pro Wrestling. He was personable, funny and a true gentleman to people on that day.

As a performer, along with Savage and Hogan, he will always be a strong memory from my childhood. As stated by Ian above, he just had the greatest look in pro wrestling.

RIP

I'm really glad you've said this. I also met him at Wrestleslam and stand by my initial view that he was and is the nicest guy I have ever met from wrestling. I found it odd considering what had been said and written about him but he was great. Spoke to me for a while and even stopped the guy from ushering me away as we were still talking. He had a conversation about mania 12 and how to me,at the time anyway, hunter was everywhere and had had a really shit several year run and looking back on that match sort of made up for it. Warrior said the best thing about it is knowing that he I'll never get his win back and no matter who he married, he still got crushed in 30 seconds. We had a good laugh about it and he signed my blue WWF winged eagle belt I bought especially.

I'm devastated now that I sold it a few months back to add some cash to our wedding fund. Wish I still had it :(

• Paid Members
Read this fact on WrestleMania VII on who has died from it:

Lord Alfred Hayes & Gorilla Monsoon were commentators

Savage (w/ Sherri) vs Ultimate Warrior (Elizabeth watching on)

Big Bossman (w/ Andre in his corner)-Mr.Perfect

Kerry Von Erich-Dino Bravo

Road Warriors-Power & Glory - Hawk and Hercules are dead

Also passing away: Paul Bearer, Crush, Earthquake & British Bulldog

That event is so damn sad looking back.

Not so much that, but as for everyone involved in the Retirement match, the only participants still alive are Earl Hebner, The Fink (announcer?) and Bobby Heenan.

Edited by seph

Utterly heartbroken. No words can describe how I feel about the death of one of my childhood heroes. I keep saying to myself "he was only in the HOF on Saturday and on Raw on Monday night? How can this be??

2 days ago we"mourned"a streak that essentially was not real. Today we're reminded of the realness & fragility of life. #RIPUltimateWarrior. Your spirit will run free forever. My thoughts go out to his family