UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

For those who are waiting for the UK launch, what's the reason you haven't gone down the VPN route and pay for the US version?  Is it just the hassle of setting up a VPN?  A friend of mine (who is a massive techie) is constantly complaining about the wait, and I just can't figure out why he just won't get the US version.

• Paid Members

I re-signed up to WWE Network and Unblock-Us last week not knowing Wednesday was the supposed launch of the UK version. Pretty glad I did now.

Setting up on my PS3 was pretty easy. Took about 10 minutes to sign up to Unblock-Us, set up a US PSN, download the app, and get to watching the latest NXT Takeover. Means I don’t have to watch it via Chrome and the Hola extension, which for some annoying reason refreshes the page every 15 minutes or so. Tried to watch the SummerSlam main event on my MacBook and it really took away from the match, refreshing part-way during a German suplex flurry.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Awards Moderator

I was waiting for that: the technical stuff doesn't scare me but the reason is twofold: I watch all of my on-demand TV through Android devices. As is well known Android devices are sticky about this, using the geo-location which can be overcome but is not consistent. I don't really want to watch through a computer, nor do I have space to hook a computer to the TV. I also would be watching in other places (e.g. work) where I won't have the luxury of Unblock-Us.

I'm a little wary as well that one day WWE might decide to be more thorough and properly shut down non-US viewers with no recourse.

For those who are waiting for the UK launch, what's the reason you haven't gone down the VPN route and pay for the US version?  Is it just the hassle of setting up a VPN?  A friend of mine (who is a massive techie) is constantly complaining about the wait, and I just can't figure out why he just won't get the US version.

Pretty much this.  I just waited for the UK version to save any messing around, plus I was planning on setting it up on ym PS3, and I still haven't got my PS3 back from an ex-girlfriend yet.

The reason why I haven't gone about trying to use UnBlock US is that I am somewhat paranoid that the service will be declared illegal and that in turn will

1) Result the loophole being closed, leaving me paying, whatever it is per month for something I can't use

2) Result in users of the service being blocked from WWE Network when it does finally come out over here. 

3) Result in Devices like the iPad being bricked for terms of conditions violations

4) And admittedly most unlikely of all, Result in prosecution. 

I really doubt it. Unblock Us isn't the only site that offers that service. There are tons of options. There are countries more censored than us that use these services.

WWE aren't going to turn subscribers down.

No chance of an iPad being bricked over it. Just never going to happen.

And again, no chance of prosecution. If you were sharing copyrighted files to masses of people then there's a chance, but not because you're using a VPN.

• Paid Members

The reason why I haven't gone about trying to use UnBlock US is that I am somewhat paranoid that the service will be declared illegal and that in turn will

1) Result the loophole being closed, leaving me paying, whatever it is per month for something I can't use

2) Result in users of the service being blocked from WWE Network when it does finally come out over here. 

3) Result in Devices like the iPad being bricked for terms of conditions violations

4) And admittedly most unlikely of all, Result in prosecution. 

#1 is the reason I never bothered. Then the UK launch didn't seem that far away so I decided to wait.

• Paid Members

Using a VPN service is, in itself, completely legal. In technical terms it's the equivalent of buying something from a website that only ships to US addresses, giving it the address of a friend who lives in the US, then getting them to post it on to you when it arrives.