UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

• Paid Members

I think the silence just means it's launching online like the rest of the world did, with minimal fanfare and no differences to the main US feed. Not saying it's conclusive proof but I've seen people on the Sky and Digital Spy forums saying they've asked both Sky and WWE directly and both say there's no channel.

pVjTbx3.png

If true it's good news for me personally, although can't help but feel both WWE and perhaps Sky are missing a good opportunity. Should have gotten Herbie in to run it.

Edited by Benno

I've tried the network on PS3, PC, iphone, Apple TV and Galaxy Tab. Have to say that iphone with VPN HMA seems to be the most reliable method with the best picture quality and next to no buffering. Apple TV and PS3 were fine working with unblock us but eventually stopped working months ago only to never work for me since. Getting the network running on an Android is a pain with the GPS location detection but it is possible with VPN HMA and a spoof GPS Location app. However, I find the network buffers a lot on Android. I'm hoping that as soon as the UK gets the Network, I'll be able to use the same login credentials and cut out all the VPN stuff as it's a faff. Does concern me that talk of the UK getting WWE Network seems to have calmed a lot though.

Never had a problem using UnblockUS on the PS3. There was a time when there some horrendous lagging going on, but haven't had that for a long time now. If the UK one is decently priced I'll switch to that when my six months is up and cut out the VPN Middle man, but if they do it at ÂŁ9.99 a month, it'll be (marginally) cheaper just to stay as I am and save a little over the course of the year

I've tried the network on PS3, PC, iphone, Apple TV and Galaxy Tab. Have to say that iphone with VPN HMA seems to be the most reliable method with the best picture quality and next to no buffering. Apple TV and PS3 were fine working with unblock us but eventually stopped working months ago only to never work for me since. Getting the network running on an Android is a pain with the GPS location detection but it is possible with VPN HMA and a spoof GPS Location app. However, I find the network buffers a lot on Android. I'm hoping that as soon as the UK gets the Network, I'll be able to use the same login credentials and cut out all the VPN stuff as it's a faff. Does concern me that talk of the UK getting WWE Network seems to have calmed a lot though.

I've had no problems at all via both my PS3 and PS4 since launch. In fact it's been flawless. With the exception of the live WM XXX broadcast, but i put that down to a major strain on the service. It got so bad i just decided to watch it from 4am instead as the strain was all but gone once the show finished.

Unless they've got something coming this next week the UK launch has been yet another fuck up for them. You do not build expectation and interest by keeping quiet & not telling your most likely customer base loud and clear what is coming and how to order etc. 

EDIT: as an example I had a look at their paid for ads. They don't have one for "WWE network" on google uk but weirdly they do have one for "WWE network uk". That shows as "Get the WWE network now".

So where does the paid for link take you - to a generic rather than region specific site. And if you then select the UK option in the drop down you don't get any information about the network and instead you get a Night of Champions ad. And you know what it suggests - that you need to order Night of Champions through Sky Box Office. Idiots. The job cuts are affecting their core promotional ability to save the company.

If the majority of US subscribers with their 6 months up now don't sign up again this week I could see WWE needing to sell to a third party or go to the wall in the next couple of years once they've burnt through their remaining cash.

Edited by twelve_grand

• Awards Moderator

Unless they've got something coming this next week the UK launch has been yet another fuck up for them. You do not build expectation and interest by keeping quiet & not telling your most likely customer base loud and clear what is coming and how to order etc.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. There's no product to sell in the UK, spunking money on Google ads and the like when there's no mechanism to preorder doesn't make sense. The core audience know about the product and given once it's live you can sign up immediately all they need to do is bang the drum. It's not like hype for a new iPhone where the you can preorder and start generating revenue straight away.

Without creating hype beforehand they can also load test adding another region at scale.

Before the Network came out I remember it being that you'll get all PPV's starting with Mania 30 but after that you'll have to still pay for the Wrestlemanias. But recently I thought I heard JBL say something along the lines of "And you get all the PPV's up till the Royal Rumble 2015" or something to that effect on Raw a week or two ago. I don't suppose if anyone knows if all PPV's are always going to be on the network as they have been or was a "for the first year only" type of deal?