Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

A weeks delay isn't took bad and an understandable move considering the live events are the same weekend as Takeover and MITB so they would avoid burnout having 4 live broadcasts on the network across 4 nights as well as producing the weekly TV the same evenings as the UK shows

Just some Nitro thoughts, the episode before Souled Out '97, Macho holding the show hostage might be the finest half hour of Wrestling out there. I was like a little kid again, some of this stuff I saw at the time and some I didn't, I couldn't for the life of me recall this in my brain and it was such a joy to watch.

Also, how fucking over is Lex Luger, what a Wrestler. That cocky arsehole run as a tag team with Sting followed by the WCW figurehead into 97, the energy in the building for his matches is off the charts, and the Rack is consistently one of the biggest pops of the night.

This week's hidden gems:

Bob Orton & Bob Orton Jr vs. Steve Keirn & Mike Graham
Curt Hennig & Larry Hennig vs. Road Warriors
Brad Armstrong & Bob Armstrong vs. Lex Luger & Tully Blanchard
Kenny Omega vs. Cru Jones
Xavier Woods vs. Michael Tarver

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Kenny Omega vs. Cru Jones

That's presumably from Deep South Wrestling? Is Cru Jones a name I should recognise, anyone of interest?

Odd that they'd go with Omega against a relative nobody when a quick Google brings up a YouTube video of him against Heath Slater; you'd have thought, if they had any Omega footage at all to upload, they'd want it to be something with him against one of their guys.

Watched King of the Ring 94 last night. Some observations

1. Owen Hart v 123 Kid tells a fantastic story in just a few minutes. The baseball slide to kick off the match was sold like a gunshot. 

2. Art Donovan was risibly bad on commentary. Asks who Shawn Michaels is during the world title match. Only one of the top stars in the company. What was the reason behind hiring him, and indeed, not pulling him from comms about 2 matches in. Savage frequently ignores him as time goes on. Super awkward.

3. Diesel should never have been in a main event at this point. Just a big guy with a good look. Thankfully Vince learned his lesson and never made this mistake again.

• Paid Members

The 24 documentary on the Hardy Boys might be the best thing they've ever produced. Some truly dark footage of them at their worst followed up with all the brilliant TNA clips that lead to their eventual WWE return, this is a must watch.

• Paid Members

The Orton tag match on hidden gems is the weirdest thing ever. It's about 10 minutes of silent film footage. Before that is 15 straight minutes of what looks like 8mm footage of Orton playing tennis, going for a bike ride (including a good 20 seconds of the camera pointing at the road surface), and it starts with five minutes of him in a dark room lifting weights. Just him all sweaty, in his pants, lifting weights and not saying anything.

• Paid Members
On 6/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, Supremo said:

The 24 documentary on the Hardy Boys might be the best thing they've ever produced. Some truly dark footage of them at their worst followed up with all the brilliant TNA clips that lead to their eventual WWE return, this is a must watch.

Cheers for the recommendation. It was a really good watch.

I'd actually forgotten how destructive the two of them were for a while. Matt teasing suicide on Twitter, in particular, has got to be one of the lowest things a wrestler has ever done to get attention. It's kind of odd that the "Broken" gimmick sort of evolved from all that. Did he not have a separate Twitter account for a split personality at one point?

It was also weird to see the TNA footage. I've seen the "match" with Sting before but never from the angles shown there or heard what Bischoff was actually saying.

• 2 weeks later...