Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

This week Hidden Gem:

* Rocky Maivia v Bodydonna Skip (March 96 Dark Match)

Yeah gave it a watch last night rocky is still very green and the match itself is basic enough but it's a nice little watch. 

The term ‘Gem’ is very wide-reaching. While the one added this week featuring The Rock didn’t break the Meltzer Snowflake scale, it’s significant in that it’s an early match (only his second ever, and one day after his first) of one of the biggest stars of the modern era, and now one of the biggest stars in the entire entertainment industry and it has most likely never been seen by anyone outside of the WWE bubble

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I’ve enjoyed it on stuff like Something Else to Wrestle when they’ve shown tryout matches or super rare backstage footage. There must be hours of stuff like that which geeks like me would enjoy. 

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Tamura said:

You appear to be labouring under the misapprehension that every wrestling match that was ever filmed was shown on TV. 

Are you one of the ones who thinks that they have the TV cameras running at the live events?

2 hours ago, Tamura said:

Fucking hell, they found some old WCW footage two years ago and put it on the network? You're bang on, they must have a million secret classic matches then - they're only uploading shitty dark matches as 'gems' because of a conspiracy against Real Fans who want to see Real Wrestling.

8 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Fucking hell, they found some old WCW footage two years ago and put it on the network? You're bang on, they must have a million secret classic matches then - they're only uploading shitty dark matches as 'gems' because of a conspiracy against Real Fans who want to see Real Wrestling.

No, Georgia Championship Wrestling not WCW. I guess you missed the part about the group of tape reels labelled "Omni Live Events". How many Omni matches did you see on GCW TV? Not many I can tell you. But of course they don't exist because people didn't tape matches unless they were on TV, so you claim. Did I just imagine the extensive Mid-South house show series of DVDs, a small selection of which are still available to buy from the ex-wife of Bill Watts? 

https://universalwrestling.com/t/house-show-series

You got the occasional match from those on Mid-South TV, but the majority of the TV was taped at the Irish McNeil Boys Club in Shreveport not at the Superdome or other large venues. Did I also imagine the 3 DVD set of unreleased stuff that WWE put out last year?

https://www.wwedvd.co.uk/unreleased-1986-1995-p-12375.html

Michael_3165's wish for more "decent classics from non-TV showings" isn't prevented by the "lack of cameras" as you claimed, since the footage quite clearly exists.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Powerful_Fox said:

I’m sure Prichard said on an episode of the podcast that they record everything didn’t he?

Yeah, a few years back they started taking a camera to every house show. It's not with the intention of ever broadcasting the footage but rather to make sure they are covered if there's ever any liability claims.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JNLister said:

Yeah, a few years back they started taking a camera to every house show. It's not with the intention of ever broadcasting the footage but rather to make sure they are covered if there's ever any liability claims.

Interesting, I’m assuming it must be a manned cam rather than hard cam in case the wrestlers take it outside/in to the crowd.