Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

I don't think I every appreciated how good Polo was. Probably because I hated the Quebecers. He should have been building a heel stable to be road blocks for Bret or the Undertaker. Guys like the afforementioned heel Crush would have been far better with an entertaining arsehole like Polo rather than an over-the-hill dullard like Fuji.

• Paid Members

I've had a free weekend so watched quite a few network documentaries over the past day or so. If there's one thing the company hasn't lost, its the art of putting together a great doc.

But some of them are a psychologist's dream. I don't think I've watched any where the phrase 'It was time for Wrestler X to come home to WWE' hasn't been repeated ad-nauseum. 

• Paid Members

Did I imagine it or is there a website where you can browse what's on the WWE Network without actually having to navigate the Network itself? So I can find exactly what I want to watch and then search for it?

1 minute ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Did I imagine it or is there a website where you can browse what's on the WWE Network without actually having to navigate the Network itself? So I can find exactly what I want to watch and then search for it?

Not sure how up to date it is, but you can use this to browse the content (including direct links) and filter via wrestler: http://returntotherunway.com/wwenetwork/index.php 

It also has random match generation: http://returntotherunway.com/wwenetwork/random_match.php 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Not sure how up to date it is, but you can use this to browse the content (including direct links) and filter via wrestler: http://returntotherunway.com/wwenetwork/index.php 

It also has random match generation: http://returntotherunway.com/wwenetwork/random_match.php 

Cheers for that. Not quite what I'm after, but still useful.

Just how much JCP stuff is on the Network. Dating back how far? Also, do you know how much Mid South they have on there? Also, is most of it in order, or is there loads missing?

EDIT: Actually, getting to grips with that website, it does help a lot. Thanks.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• 2 weeks later...

I am absolutely loving the Hidden Gems collection at the moment. Glad that they're uploading new stuff every week now as well. 

This week they uploaded Reigns vs Graves from NXT, an AJ Styles dark match from 2001, Samoa Joe vs Tommy Dreamer from UPW and a 'Taker/Lesnar house show match from Finland in 2003, of all things. 

Wonderfully random selection of matches. I have watched the Brock/'Taker match and it's really good. Just one camera from ringside but the quality is great. Makes you wonder how much similar stuff they must have stored away in the vault. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

I am absolutely loving the Hidden Gems collection at the moment. Glad that they're uploading new stuff every week now as well. 

This week they uploaded Reigns vs Graves from NXT, an AJ Styles dark match from 2001, Samoa Joe vs Tommy Dreamer from UPW and a 'Taker/Lesnar house show match from Finland in 2003, of all things. 

Wonderfully random selection of matches. I have watched the Brock/'Taker match and it's really good. Just one camera from ringside but the quality is great. Makes you wonder how much similar stuff they must have stored away in the vault. 

This gives me hope that they'll eventually upload footage from the 2003 Smackdown UK tour from October (I think). I was at the Birmingham leg and it's still the best WWE show that I've ever seen. Brock/'Taker, Tajiri/Rey and Cena & Big Show/Angle & Benoit (although that will never see the light of day) was a fantastic 1-2-3 punch.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

This gives me hope that they'll eventually upload footage from the 2003 Smackdown UK tour from October (I think). I was at the Birmingham leg and it's still the best WWE show that I've ever seen. Brock/'Taker, Tajiri/Rey and Cena & Big Show/Angle & Benoit (although that will never see the light of day) was a fantastic 1-2-3 punch.

It's from the same tour! I would love to see some more house show stuff. They must have some cracking matches from that era - they were always recording the shows for those 'Come and see WWE live!'TV spots they aired.

• Paid Members

Yeah I was thought it was from the same tour, as it's during the build-up to their Chain Match at No Mercy I believe. After the match 'Taker hoisted the camera onto his shoulders and filmed the crowd.

It's a shame that big tag match won't ever be aired as it was a cracking comedy match. I remember Angle full-on kissing everyone in the ring and Cena doing the "run ropes until tired" spot, really really fun stuff.

Also, there was a bikini contest with Sable, Stacy, Nadia and some others that I fail to remember. Nadia got BY FAR the biggest reaction for her 'Fame' inspired jog-on-the-spot dance but one of the others won it. It was a con and the crowd booed when Nadia wasn't announced as the winner.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Yeah I was thought it was from the same tour, as it's during the build-up to their Chain Match at No Mercy I believe. After the match 'Taker hoisted the camera onto his shoulders and filmed the crowd.

It's a shame that big tag match won't ever be aired as it was a cracking comedy match. I remember Angle full-on kissing everyone in the ring and Cena doing the "run ropes until tired" spot, really really fun stuff.

Also, there was a bikini contest with Sable, Stacy, Nadia and some others that I fail to remember. Nadia got BY FAR the biggest reaction for her 'Fame' inspired jog-on-the-spot dance but one of the others won it. It was a con and the crowd booed when Nadia wasn't announced as the winner.

Yeah, it was the 10th of November, so not long after the chain match. 

The best house shows I went to were from the 2003-06 era (in Newcastle). On almost every show there was a really good, long match where you felt you got your money's worth. 

I also recall a lot of the shenigans like the Angle kissing stuff you mentioned going down on house shows around this time, particularly on overseas tours. I remember reading reports of events on 411mania/rajah and there seemed to be A LOT of instances of in-ring ribbing/hazing.

One of the best things about the network lately is all of this house show, b-roll footage that's being soon in documentaries they're producing.