Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

I’ve not been back to it since Episode1 as every episode since that has been something that they’ve already done to death on the normal podcast. I’m going to keep an eye on it to see what comes up, but I think it’s geared towards people who haven’t heard/don’t listen to the regular podcast

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I've not listened to a single episode of their regular podcast but I wasn't a fan of the first Network episode at all. Stories I'd heard a million times beore, terrible impersonations, shitty video quality and it went on for days. 

I was looking to scan through some ECW big events/PPVs. Does anyone know why the network has some pre-PPV events (the earliest one is Hardcore Heaven '95) but not others, like The Night The Line Was Crossed or the NWA Title Tournament? They have all the Hardcore TVs up so don't know why a lot of this stuff with some fairly significant material is missing.

11 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

I was looking to scan through some ECW big events/PPVs. Does anyone know why the network has some pre-PPV events (the earliest one is Hardcore Heaven '95) but not others, like The Night The Line Was Crossed or the NWA Title Tournament? They have all the Hardcore TVs up so don't know why a lot of this stuff with some fairly significant material is missing.

Some stuff like that is tucked away on Hardcore TV. The NWA Title tournament has a feature on Hardcore TV #71 and the final is on Hardcore TV #72, Night The Line Was Crossed might show up in highlight form on some earlier episodes

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

The only events on the Network are the actual PPV's (from Barely Legal 97 onwards). The big shows previous to that were just filmed for home video release, certain matches would air on the TV show though. Theres an absolute ton of those shows missing from the Network that id love to see put up.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, The Dart said:

Except the ones that are on there.  The ones sj5522 mentioned in the initial question.

oh yeah, i read it wrong. I didnt know they'd uploaded any non-ppv events. 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

It's not so much that they are missing some pre-97 big shows, rather than the three they put up are exceptions. They put them up very early on before they'd really settled into a pattern of uploading archive stuff. IIRC they went up during an 'Extreme Week' or something similar where they chucked up those three shows, a bunch of clips as 'Extreme Moments', and did a live interview with Styles and Heyman talking old ECW and doing email questions.

Once they went on to put all the TV up, I assume they decided putting the old full event tapes was no longer a top priority.

David Von Erich v Harley Race WCCW

Dynamite Kid v Davey Boy Smith Stampede

Roddy Piper v Greg Valentine NWA

Sgt Slaughter v Yokozuna AWA

Jerry Lawler v Undertaker (Mean Mark) GWF

Ron Simmons v Vader WCW

Triple H (Terra Ryzing) v Road Dogg (Brian Armstrong)  WCW

Eddie Guerrero v Jushin Liger WCW

Chris Jericho v Rob Van Dam ECW

Plus some other segments.  Sounds like Hidden Gems will be updated regularly from now too.

Edited by The Dart

• Awards Moderator

Updated weekly:

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-hidden-gems-digs-deep-into-the-wwe-archives-on-wwe-network

I'm liking the look of the legends battle royal:

Relive the Legends Battle Royal, featuring Lou Thesz, Nick Bockwinkel, Bobo Brazil, Gino Brito, Edouard Carpentier, Al Costello, The Crusher, Dominic DeNucci, Tony Garea, Rene Goulet, Gene Kiniski, Killer Kowalski, Pedro Morales, Baron Mikel Scicluna, Arnold Skaaland, Ray Stevens, Chief Jay Strongbow, and Sailor Art Thomas. Includes exclusive post-match interviews. (WWE Live Event - 11/16/1987, East Rutherford, NJ)

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, The Dart said:

Ron Simmons v Vader WCW

I'm hoping this is the Simmons title win from 92. Never actually seen that match, so would love to see it in full. 

Edited by mim731
Wrong venue