Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Im sure WCW was on ITV

It was, but WCW Power Hour was definitely on BSB in the late 80's, then was still on sky when the network was sold to them in the early 90's.

Wasn't on for long though, I imagine Sky let it go around 91/92 to keep WWF happy as that was the height of the UK boom period for the company.

• Paid Members

I've been listening to the Squared Circle Gazette's Monday Night Wars timelines again. Been through 1995 and the first two parts of 1996 for the second time. They're brilliant, of course, with Liam having dilligently selected highlights from the observers and good contributions from the other three guys. They really whet your appetite for the footage too. I've been trying to rewatch Raw and Nitro's from the start but I'm not getting very far. However, the SCG timelines really make you want to watch and hear the crazy, controversial or simply brilliant bits from the shows.

What it serves to highlight is just what a crock of shit the Network's MNW series was. With the usual cliches and historical inaccuracies. Imagine how fucking amazing that show would be if Liam hosted it, introduced the crazy shit being reported at the time - week by week - and they showed you the footage and maybe the occassional match with contributors commenting on what the thinking was at the time, unable to spread bullshit because of the facts at hand, while they analysed the ratings, the reasons for the ratings and had McMahon and Bischoff chipping in at important points to admit how they felt.

It would obviously have to be slightly tamer, probably avoid the drug testing angle for a start, but it would be absolute gold.

Also Vinny Mac quoting Keiran "I'd fuck Sunny now just from the memory of her in 1996" would be great!

What a missed oppo.

The true measure how of shocking the MNW series was is the idea that in total there must be about 12 hours of it and theres nothing there that didn't feel like it was covered in that 90 minute Monday Night Wars tape from 2003 which so much of the show seems to be extrapolated and stretched out from.

Saying that I'm sure there were a few Absolute Beginners who enjoyed it but how many of them have a Network sub, anyway?

• Paid Members

Had my first crack at the collections yesterday. I expected it to play through them one by one but it kept jumping back to the menu after each one. Then when I play the next one, I get a fucking advert. Ad after Ad! Annoying. Android app.

I have a real problem with having to deal with ads on a service i pay for.

If you ever got on a bus or the tube or went to the cinema, you'd be furious.

My mate has Sky but prefers to watch pirate streams of things to avoid adverts.

Edited by King Pitcos

Aye - you can watch it from the moment it starts from whenever you like.

So basically if you tune it at say 1:20am you can watch from the beginning. If you want to.watch the full show Monday itll be there, be able.to.watch that from the second it finishes

Smackdown 2000 is complete on the network now save for episode 24 for some reason.

Smackdown 2001 has 4 or 5 episodes mising so is almost there as well.

Raw 2000 has a random episode in may missing last night i noticed which is weird.

Anyway, good stuff this. Started the 2000 binge the last couple weeks so good to know the complete collection is there. The WWE Network is an amazing thing.