The Ongoing Celebrity Spotting Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

I can't read Schadenfreude without singing it to the gladiators theme tune and it's bringing me joy in other people's misery doing it. Go figure. 

I can't read about the Gladiators theme tune without thinking of @ReturnOfTheMack's story about that guy who wanted the theme from Gladiator for his funeral, and got that instead.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, deathrey said:

So I saw Jude Bellingham in town on Saturday, his parents live in my town apparently. He was lovely and polite and taking photos with everyone. He popped in to Boots with his mum to buy a few things (the only shop on our high street other than Worcester Medal Association). It started to piss it down and the staff gave him a lovely tropical themed umbrella. Apparently he also goes to my gym when he is here so I may try and get a photo with him when I don't have two screaming kids in tow.

When you see him, shout "Hey Jude!" because I bet absolutely nobody has ever done that to him and he would love it.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

And if he walks off, that just means he hasn't yet got the joke, and you should keep following him, repeating it every few seconds. Eventually he will get it, and appreciate your persistence.

Edited by Carbomb

2 hours ago, deathrey said:

So I saw Jude Bellingham in town on Saturday, his parents live in my town apparently. He was lovely and polite and taking photos with everyone. He popped in to Boots with his mum to buy a few things (the only shop on our high street other than Worcester Medal Association). It started to piss it down and the staff gave him a lovely tropical themed umbrella. Apparently he also goes to my gym when he is here so I may try and get a photo with him when I don't have two screaming kids in tow.

No mention of the abundance of charity shops or the ever growing number of Turkish barbers?  I live in the same town and only knew he'd been here when I saw some photos on social media and thought "that high street looks familiar."  His Dad used to play for both incarnations of the local football team and was a ridiculously prolific centre forward.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

When you see him, shout "Hey Jude!" because I bet absolutely nobody has ever done that to him and he would love it.

This reminds me about when we went to Kendal Calling last year and were sat outside Tim Peaks Dinner (the venue that Tim Burgess ran).  We knew a couple of people who were working at that venue so had been tipped off that Paddy Considine's band were due to play a surprise gig that evening.  Paddy arrives and he's chatting with Tim for a bit, then as he's about to go into the venue to set up, some pissed up bloke shouts "Paddy, 'You're there mate'" whilst pointing at his hand.  I said to one of the lads who I was with that he must get that every day of his life.

@Magnum Milano you can not live here as you have not mentioned traffic or roadworks at least once per 5 sentences. There are rules to be followed. 

His dad still played until he was quite old I think. Is he still a police sergeant?

16 minutes ago, deathrey said:

@Magnum Milano you can not live here as you have not mentioned traffic or roadworks at least once per 5 sentences. There are rules to be followed. 

His dad still played until he was quite old I think. Is he still a police sergeant?

I think I'm so used to the constant roadworks that I've become numb to them.  And the traffic situation in the town, with an infrastructure that is completely unsuitable to deal with everything, is a pet peeve so I try to avoid talking about it or it winds me up!

Mark Bellingham played into his early forties and scored over 700 goals, which is a ridiculous number.  No, he left the police force a couple of years ago.  Not sure if he retired or what, but think he looks after his sons' careers now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 2:05 PM, deathrey said:

Are we talking about Stourbridge? Place went downhill once The Moorings closed

• Paid Members

my other half reliably informs me that we saw someone who was on Drag Race UK in the pub we went to for lunch on Sunday. Same place where we once saw Andrew Scott, who she recognised and had to explain to me who he was, even though we'd only recently watched Pride, which I loved and which he was superb in. I'm not very good at recognising famous people on-screen, let alone in real life, so it raises the possibility that I've seen all kinds of famous faces in this pub without realising. Both also stumbled on the best way to distract from being recognised in pubs, which is to be there with a mate with an excellent dog, because everyone knows that you say hello to the dog and never remember the owner.

Later on in the day, Ed Gamble in the Dundee Arms in Bethnal Green, wearing a Danhausen T-shirt, presumably going to RevPro at York Hall. He's challenging Reece Shearsmith for the celebrity I have seen the most often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Was just walking through town and couldn’t believe Lou Carpenter from Neighbours was hobbling down the street, then I got closer and realised it was Sammy Lee.

I didn’t have my glasses on.