Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kickin it wit the kliq said:

Big E and Xavier are turning on Kofi aren't they?

Can't see it now, why bother going 40 minutes in winning the Gauntlet match to put him in the Title Match if they don't want him to win it, would of been easier to just not win the gauntlet in the 1st place wouldn't it?

Unless Kofi starts to act the big shot next week I can't see any logic to them turning on him now

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Yeah, I'm not talking about friends celebrating, or a mutual show of respect like Taker/HHH/HBK - I'm talking about specifically Steve Austin at WM14, with DX breaking the storyline and hugging it out with him and others, as they all celebrate how great they all are and the hard work they've all put in. Because they've got the opportunity to absolutely concentrate on Becky Lynch, who's the closest thing to a star they've had in a while - and if they concentrate on her sharing her celebration with one of the people she just beat, it's going to dilute it for no reason.

They've been doing it for years now - Sting and Triple H, Undertaker/Michaels/Triple H, Cena and Rock are three examples from the last decade that come to mind. Becky Lynch is never going to be a big star. She's another CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Popular on social media with the people who already watch the show every week and enjoy her insider memes, she can get great pops in the arenas, but she'll never move the dial. Her winning the WrestleMania main event will damage her with a lot of her fanbase (once they realise Vince booked her to win). Her celebrating with her NXT buds after the match won't. 

It'd still be a shame if they do it, though. I'd rather the final shot of WrestleMania be the Metlife stadium falling into a sinkhole with no survivors than see Bayley and Sasha Banks standing there.

As for SmackDown, fucking hell, Orton. I was just starting to wonder who WWE would put over.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Can't see it now, why bother going 40 minutes in winning the Gauntlet match to put him in the Title Match if they don't want him to win it, would of been easier to just not win the gauntlet in the 1st place wouldn't it?

Unless Kofi starts to act the big shot next week I can't see any logic to them turning on him now

Or Kofi comes up short and they get frustrated for all they’ve done for him not to win the big one after all. 

Looking at the card it looks obvious that in the big matches most of the baby faces will be going over i.e Kofi, Becky, Triple H, Reigns, Miz, Rollins. I’d say it’s likely there’ll have to be a heel win in there somewhere so could see Brock retaining and possibly Shane beating Miz. Got this odd feeling they may have Brock retain then drop the belt on Raw the next night to Roman. 

• Paid Members

My prevailing thought about the Mania card is that there’s far too much going on and the crowd will be dead halfway through.

It's a shame that a quite deserving first ever women's main event of Wrestlemania is all but certain to be met with a flat reaction from an exhausted crowd of fans who have sat through 6 or 7 hours of action up until that point. I agree with an earlier poster that this is probably the least I have looked forward to a Wrestlemania for as far back as I can remember. I just dont feel like nearly any of the matches have been built to have a serious degree of importance or unpredictability and some of the big matches I am supposed to care about seem to have had little to no build or a stuttering one that makes it hard to enhance my interest.

Rollins v Lesnar for me seems like it's just something that's happening rather than a big deal.

No apparent spot for Cena.

No mention whatsoever of Undertaker.

Kevin Owens comes back then 1 week out from WM has no match.

Multiple multi person matches that don't really have any build at all it's just a let's get as many people on the card as possible.

I love Batista but even him vs HHH I feel will just be a go through the motions until the entirely predictable win for HHH as he wants his WM21 loss back.

I actually think Rollins will lose to Lesnar btw and so he should. If after all the guys Lesnar has beaten he loses to Rollins with such a shitey build it's madness to me.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

At this point a New Day split or turn would make absolutely no sense. If they build slowly towards tension and whatever else over time then fine I could probably accept it. But they're tight right now and I just wouldn't believe it.

Completely disagree. There's a logical, built-in storyline now for Big E to eventually turn and argue that he was the reason Kofi got his title shot and that Kofi couldn't earn it on his own. You could almost see it in Big E's face as they were celebrating. I'd be stunned if he hasn't turned by Summerslam.

Someone on Twitter noted how fitting this storyline is if you go back and watch the original New Day vignettes.

"Together, we can overcome all the obstacles that stand in our way!"

Pretty cool. I can't wait to see the video package they put together for next week.

I also hope they get the World's largest choir to sing Kofi to the ring at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

The biggest shame about this Kofi siutation is that he's been Mr Royal Rumble for a decade and is heading to Mania for a title match and didn't win the fucking Rumble. How awesome would that have been in hindsight.

1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

It's a shame that a quite deserving first ever women's main event of Wrestlemania is all but certain to be met with a flat reaction from an exhausted crowd of fans who have sat through 6 or 7 hours of action up until that point. I agree with an earlier poster that this is probably the least I have looked forward to a Wrestlemania for as far back as I can remember. I just dont feel like nearly any of the matches have been built to have a serious degree of importance or unpredictability and some of the big matches I am supposed to care about seem to have had little to no build or a stuttering one that makes it hard to enhance my interest.

Rollins v Lesnar for me seems like it's just something that's happening rather than a big deal.

No apparent spot for Cena.

No mention whatsoever of Undertaker.

Kevin Owens comes back then 1 week out from WM has no match.

Multiple multi person matches that don't really have any build at all it's just a let's get as many people on the card as possible.

I love Batista but even him vs HHH I feel will just be a go through the motions until the entirely predictable win for HHH as he wants his WM21 loss back.

I actually think Rollins will lose to Lesnar btw and so he should. If after all the guys Lesnar has beaten he loses to Rollins with such a shitey build it's madness to me.

Where are all the multi man matches you speak of???

There are currently 13 matches on the card.  Ten of those are singles matches, 1 triple threat, 1 4-way tag and a battle royal.

To put that in perspective there was only 5 singles matches on last year's card.

5 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

It’s a strange one, WrestleMania has crept up without much direction and most of it just seems thrown together lacking the momentum it should have.

Let’s not moan about long-term Mania plans in future.

Archived