Smackdown Discussion Thread

Good grief, I hope that was a botch at the end of the Deville/Naomi match, otherwise Sonya’s finish is . . . to spike DDT herself?

With Becky I think she could do with some new offence now the machine appears to be behind her. The single leg drop kick needs to go. I’m not sure the disarmer has enough ‘pop’ as her sole finisher, I think the stunner is perfect for her (she’s using it at live events). And maybe it’s just me nitpicking but it always feels like a downgrade when the workers start wearing their WWE shop merch during matches, feels so low rent. 

God bless the New Day, always finding ways to stay amusing. Three mates just having a blast consistently delivering the best comedy wwe has seen.

Bloody good episode this week, shame I spoilt it for my dumb self.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised by the lack of comments. Really strong episode of Smackers this week.

Daniel Bryan's heel run has been top notch so far, enjoyed his promo, and I'm actually interested in AJ Styles for the first time in several months. Really looking forward to their Rumble match. Speaking of the Rumble, I've enjoyed the Miz/Shane stuff so far, and their match against the Bar should be fun.

Glad to see Almas pick up a win, he's lost a lot of steam since his call up. I'm hoping that he beats Rusev for the U.S. belt, then defends against Rey at 'Mania. Either that, or Hair vs. Mask.

Good main event. I don't particularly enjoy her shtick, but Becky's doing really well.

• Paid Members
On 1/2/2019 at 11:35 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Is it just me that thinks the new haircut makes him look like JBL?

On 1/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, Supremo said:

BC5D19A2-013D-4AF8-A002-56841B84421A.thumb.jpeg.d99b72c497b2ea58a4c7c9f43dbed25d.jpeg

Looking good, John.

Personally I think this hair cut makes him look a bit like a kunt 

A-1119074-1321903490.jpeg.jpg

• Paid Members

Yup. Even when Raw has a good show, like they did this week, Smackdown still blows them out of the water. This show was great and the time watching it absolutely flew by.

For as much as it was refreshing when they opened up Raw with a wild brawl, it was infinitely more fun for Smackers to open with Daniel Bryan throwing hot dogs and screaming at fans in the lobby. I think this might be Bryan's best ever work. He's doing such a phenomenal job that I almost can't think of a babyface good enough to be his Wrestlemania opponent. The closest are either Seth Rollins or Big Match John, but I doubt either of them will get the nod. Maybe turn Joe face? He's the type of guy you know would get a huge reaction whenever they pull the trigger. Or maybe go with Rusev, even if it is about three years too late? Fuck it, bring back Aiden English, too.

Great tag match with Joe, Almas, Rey and Ali. The talent on this roster is ridiculous. I can't handle these cock teases with Mysterio and Almas though. If they don't get to have a long PPV match in the next few months it'll be a travesty. Everything they do together is pure gold. Was that the first ever Destroyer on WWE television? What a beauty!

I really like the Shane McMahon/Miz storyline. Slow and steady, I can't wait for Shane to turn on Miz leading to their eventual match at Wrestlemania.

I don't think it's physically possible for The Usos to have a bad match.

Fantastic main event. Even Carmella managed to keep up. Very surprising finish though. When they originally announced Becky vs. Asuka for Royal Rumble before Christmas, only to backtrack immediately, I assumed they'd realised the best route was for Becky to win the Rumble in Stone Cold fashion. Have a couple of spots where she's on her own, screaming for the next entrant, then she goes and wins the whole thing oh hell yeah. But now they've gone back to their original plans and she might not even be in it at all? Weird. Who knows, maybe she'll lose to Asuka and then enter the Rumble afterwards. Or Maybe she'll win the Smackdown belt, enter anyway and then challenge Ronda for the Raw belt when she wins. There are tonnes of ways to do it, I just worry that if Becky isn't in the Rumble match at all then they're running the risk of getting a Daniel-Bryan-didn't-win-The-Rumble reaction. I wouldn't put it past them to have Charlotte win and challenge both Becky and Ronda, making it the three-way at Mania, but I just hope they're ready for the reaction that might get on the night. It has the potential to be brutal.

There's nothing scarier than Asuka screaming in Japanese. I'd shit my kecks.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure Becky will get DQ'd against Asuka, maybe "the Man just made a statement laying out the champ" and then go onto win the rumble. Easily opens up options of her facing Asuka at the Feb PPV in a non title match or even having Asuka and Rousey team vs Becky and Charlotte. Not sure who would take the fall there but that would feel a huge match leading into Mania. 

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

He's doing such a phenomenal job that I almost can't think of a babyface good enough to be his Wrestlemania opponent. The closest are either Seth Rollins or Big Match John, but I doubt either of them will get the nod. Maybe turn Joe face?

Has to be Cena for me.

Bryan/Cena for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 35 is a real main event, unlike Bryan/Joe or Mysterio or whoever.

They already have the back story there with them being as good as brothers in law for a few years, and also with Cena going for the "record" 17th title. It pretty much writes itself.

I have a weird feeling it will be Finn Balor though, either by winning the rumble or by some sort of loophole where he can go to Smackdown. Whilst the match would be good, by the time the 9 hour event gets to it, nobody will care.

Cena/Bryan, like Ronda/Becky are probably the only matches that could go on last at Mania at the moment and have the crowd still reacting.

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm pretty sure Becky will get DQ'd against Asuka, maybe "the Man just made a statement laying out the champ" and then go onto win the rumble. Easily opens up options of her facing Asuka at the Feb PPV in a non title match or even having Asuka and Rousey team vs Becky and Charlotte. Not sure who would take the fall there but that would feel a huge match leading into Mania. 

So she would deliberately lose a title match ... in order to get a chance at a title match?

• Paid Members

Its WWE, its not as stupid as it sounds. Lynch obviously wants Ronda and seems to have this aura of "don't fuck with me, I'll show I'm the man" including chucking Cena out a ring, battering fuck out of Ronda and just being bad ass. Her character is made for wanting to make a statement that she's bigger than everyone.

Doesn't even have to be a deliberate DQ, have some bull go down with a referee push ending the match and have her steal Carmella's 30 spot.

I'm a lot more invested in the women's rumble and title matches because there's so many directions these divisions are going in.

Archived