The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed Raw again this week, that's 2 in a row now. There was a feeling that anything (within reason) could happen, and a genuine excitement to most of the segments. In addition, Styles vs Zayn is as good a TV match as you'll see.

The only negative, again, was Reigns. He was awful in his first talky bit and completely outshone by a babyface Bray Wyatt in the main event. Still, at least he wasn't all over the show, which is a marked improvement.

For me, this was the best Raw for a long time, 2 really good TV matches, the surprise of Gallows/Anderson, who I thought looked like a couple of right arse kicking blokes, looked like men against boys as they slung the Uso's about. As bewildering as it is that Shane is fucking running Raw in the storyline I enjoyed him last night, it's so simple but effective to have a babyface or even a neutral character running the show, I especially liked the speech he gave to Aj/Zayn saying great match etc, it gave it a real sports like feel, true competition and both guys came out of it strong, there was no stupid distraction finish to make one of them look foolish, it was a back n forth match where according to there respective position on the roster AJ should have a little too much for Zayn, and so it proved, but Zayn lost nothing.

I am loving Jericho and his current run, just treating everybody with utter contempt, Ambrose should work well off this. Someone said above Bray looked smaller as a face and I totally get that also, I don't know what it was but he just appeared at face value a lot less imposing last night, his hair looked different aswel, can't really put my finger on it but visually he didn't have the same impact.

Overall very enjoyable, it was almost like a whole new creative team started Monday morning because this felt a lot fresher.

Sami Zayn really is an unbelievable talent, can't believe how far he's came since wearing the mask of El Generico. He is the ready made replacement for Daniel Bryan and in Kevin Owens he has the perfect foe to catapult them right to the main event. With their history it makes their rivalry feel so real. They could easily have this feud bubbling away all year before a big blow off for the WWE Title.

The Miz is another who's getting my praise. He's been superb for a few months now and the addition of Maryse has added a new dimension to his act. Already totally forgotten about Zack Ryders "reign". Miz's backstage segment last night was hilarious.

• Paid Members

Raw felt really fresh, which is an odd feeling. Raw is always superior when there is a focused narrative running through the show and the tag tournament worked a treat; plenty of good teams in WWE.

AJ Styles v Sami Zayn was really good fun and I'm pleased Styles came out of this show looking like a real star.

In fact, that was the best Raw in ages when it came to establishing a lot of talent as stars rather than we've seen it all before rubbish. Long may it continue.

While he's hardly amazing, it's nice to see Reigns/new guy get a run with the belt. It'll be intriguing to see how they'll copy with the boos and whether or not they decide to turn him.

• Paid Members

Would echo what everyone has said about Raw feeling fresh. Last week felt like a bit of a reset from Wrestlemania and it carried on with all the Sami Zayn this week and continued heavy featuring of NXT talent as well as AJ/The Bullet Club.

At the risk of massively putting my own narrative on it, maybe we're seeing the fruits of the NXT Head Writer Ryan Ward being called up now that we're past Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

One thing that I forgot to say... it's refreshing that not everyone is on every week (if you can judge that by 2 weeks of a new broom). No Corbin or Ziggler this week, no Ambrose last week. It keeps things fresh if you can keep people off TV when they don't need to be on.

• Paid Members

Bray looks like he's on the DDP Yoga. Has he ever done that backwards arch thing one handed before? He looks much slimmer also. I'm looking forward to a babyface Wyatt. He clicked very well in that tag match.

Enjoyed pretty much everything on that show. Feels like it's got a new lick of paint.

Great Raw, even though Shane mumbles and stumbles on the mic, he genuinely seems to be enjoying himself. It's such a breath of fresh air compared to Steph and Trips 30 minute promos and crappy backstage segments in their identikit office every week. Great to see Gallows get another crack at the big time as well. Not sure how Wyatt will work as a face, but he looked more of a star staring down Reigns at the end of the show then he has done in an age. 

The Miz is fucking fantastic.

Cesaro is not. He's shit. And the fact that he had sports headphones on during his backstage segment made him look even more like a bouncer in his ill fitting suit as it just looked like a fucking ear piece.

Couldn't disagree more with Daz sadly. I thought both he and Owens were very entertaining in their match. He looked cool as fuck on the way to the ring and his running uppercuts were quite fun. Bit tired of the big swing but it's forgiven.

Cesaro is definitely a positive in the show overall for me.

Edited by Powerful_Fox

Couldn't disagree more with Daz sadly. I thought both he and Owens were very entertaining in their match. He looked cool as fuck on the way to the ring and his running uppercuts were quite fun. Bit tired of the big swing but it's forgiven.

Cesaro is definitely a positive in the show overall for me.

Yeah, regardless of what side of the "should Cesaro be champ" stuff you're on, he obviously not shit. He's a bloody dab hand at what he does, and is capable of a great match. I too thought his match with Owens was very good.

Daz is entitled to his opinion of course, but I'm wondering if he's just calling him shit to get a rise out of certain people.