The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Issue Sky had is that in the middle of the night, the transmission crew would have been skeletal and unless someone knew their wrestling they wouldn't have had a clue that what was airing shouldn't have been. Had it been at a reasonable hour, it's more likely a channel head, senior or WWE UK producer may have been watching and had the seniority to yank it off air.

• Paid Members

Issue Sky had is that in the middle of the night, the transmission crew would have been skeletal and unless someone knew their wrestling they wouldn't have had a clue that what was airing shouldn't have been. Had it been at a reasonable hour, it's more likely a channel head, senior or WWE UK producer may have been watching and had the seniority to yank it off air.

Television production isn't an autonomous affair. There were people the other end, at a "reasonable" hour, who should have thought, "What will airing the two main matches from last night’s PPV do to our domestic and foreign markets?” Someone should have thought about the logistics; they either didn't which is poor form on their behalf, or they did and were pissing themselves at the havoc they were about to cause for their TV partners across the world.

• Paid Members

Have to admit, as much as I hated the Rumble, I still watched the first hour of Raw to see how they'd react to it all.

Bet all the other moaners are the same. We're in it for life.

Edited by Benno

There was a shit load of people on twitter Monday saying that's it they are done with watching WWE full stop because it fucking pathetic.  Come March these are the same morons that will be tweeting about how much they can't wait for WrestleMania because it's going to be awesome.

I really liked the in studio stuff. I wished there was a workable way to incorporate it in to the 3 hour format like with the footy and NFL but as others have said before you'd just get a really low audience for the first section of analysis and a post show analysis just kills the drama of the main. I know they do the pre/post shows anyway but surely nobody wants to see that on top of three hours of wrestling.

• Paid Members

I hadn't even thought about it until this week's RAW, but Paul Heyman must be relishing the challenge he has in front of him.

It reminds me of when Brock debuted in 2002 and they announced that the winner of the King of the Ring would get a title shot at Summerslam, giving themselves a fixed time frame in which to get someone over enough to where they're ready for a title run. It's the same thing here. Heyman's got about sixty days to turn this Roman thing around and get him ready to walk out if Wrestlemania as the champion.

I'd like to say I've got the utmost confidence that he can do it, but look what happened with Cesaro.

EDIT: The "RAW" show they're doing live on Thursday, is that a two or three hour show? I was thinking that if it's a two hour show it'll be interesting to see how the pacing differs to what it's usually like on Mondays. I bet it'll absolutely fly by and feel like a complete revelation to not have to stretch loads of mid-card matches out just to fill time.

Edited by Supremo