The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I know 3 hours is some tough shit to fill with no in ring time but they had some other options that I can think of.

Stick with the interviews and packages and then do a highlights package of old rumbles or manias

Show an old rumble or mania to promote the wwe network

Show the 24 wrestlemania 30 debut on TV or some other network content to promote it. Would piss people off less them a $45 ppv

Take some taped matches from NXT and show them or a whole episode or even fucking set up a last minute live feed if you can and have the guys nearby. Offer free tickets and beer to students and hey presto you can mix that with shit up at Stamford and you've got a 1 off unique show

• Paid Members

That last bit was alright tbh. It did a fair whack of giving Reigns more than any shitty in-ring stuff he's been dealt on a live mic recently. Take a bow too Paul Heyman, he's incredible.

They should have really tried something crazy here, like a mad unorganized modern day Prime Time Wrestling with loads of people popping in and trying to get there shit in and over, no idea how many made it to Stanford like.

Also, Ambrose was bloody good fun in his little bit.

Edited by WWFChilli

I watched the interviews on Youtube. Daniel Bryan's a sneaky little bastard, putting in the pitch for him vs Lesnar. I'd presume he'd already pitched it to Triple H and Vince anyway, but fair play to him for getting it on Raw. He sells it well.

Heyman was really good in setting up the Reigns vs Lesnar match. I'm not feeling the "hey, I'm related to all these people" direction they're trying with Reigns though, I never like when wrestlers reference names from the past to try and tap into a fan's memories of being young and not hating wrestling. Decent face to face they had. I love when Lesnar makes sure everyone knows he doesn't respect anybody, and Roman's rebuttal was basic and predictable but absolutely the right one. The main event seems set in stone, so I'm guessing Brock isn't defending the title at Fast Lane. Disingenuous to have him in the advert for it, in that case.

You can see Seth Rollins holding onto his main event spot for the next ten years. He seems completely sure of his abilities, to the point where he'll always protect himself and refuse to just go along with any old shite. His interviews still aren't there yet, but he's getting better and better.

Did you not say the same thing about Paul Burchill? I can never remember whether that was you or not. Are there any wrestlers you feel dropped the ball themselves (and by the same token, any wrestlers who made themselves a success), or is WWE creative solely responsible for everyone's failure/success?

I don't think it's me you are thinking of, though you've asked this same question about Burchill before. I honestly don't remember. Trying to remember specific things that random strangers on an internet forum wrote at least 5 years ago is a bit fucking sad really.

The idea that Paul Burchill should be main eventing WWE is somewhat memorable for its stupidity, and it seems like it would've been you because you're the type who will always blame Evil Vince when your darlings aren't winning the world title every night. If a wrestler's one of your fancies and he succeeds, it's all him and creative gets no credit. If he fails, it's all creative and he takes no blame unless he got caught on the drugs. It just seems funny that you're doing it at least 5 years later.

In reality, a wrestler who has the goods can overcome inconsistent or uninspired booking. Cena did it. Punk did it. Bryan did it. It fucked Ryback because he was nothing but a gimmick built on his limitations, and the gimmick needed to not lose. And fair play to him, he's swung it back around a bit. It fucked Cesaro because as soon as he sees a camera, a crowd and a wrestling ring, his personality shrinks up inside him. There's only so much Evil Vince can do with that. Of course, he didn't realise that until after he'd already given him the big win, the silly old sausage. In WWE, when you're given a big opportunity and you balls it up by not growing as a performer into the spot, it's bound to piss the old man off a bit. That's the danger Roman Reigns is in now if he bombs.

• Paid Members

Absolutely brilliant stuff. Rollins was great, Lesnar was ace, Reigns did well and even Bryan spoke well. Rene Young was a billion times better than Mr. Contrite and Mr. Smiley at asking the questions. She's such a natural.

The Reigns/Lesnar confrontation was superb. Had an intensity and a reality that they just cannot or will not produce anymore. The snow did them a huge favour. If someone in that place cannot see how good this was and also how much more fucking awesome Reigns was at the end than he was doing his happy rebuttal then they need a lightning rod shoving up their arses.

Wasn't surprised they used the Rumble to fill time. What else where they going to do for 3 hours? Less surprised by the over-reaction. You always read "why don't they listen to the fans" when the fans bitch and moan 24/7. It's like when football pundits hilariously claim that something was probably a penalty because "you can tell from the reaction of the players". Funnily enough the referee doesn't react to the players which is probably something to do with the fact they appeal for everything that isn't theirs, cheat and get away with anything they can. Stop crying wolf.

Edited by tiger_rick

Just watched the Reigns / Brock confrontation from Raw and enjoyed that.  Anyone reckon if Raw would have gone ahead as planned we would have had a Roman / Big Show confrontation instead?  Maybe this worked out well for them.

On the subject of people wanting a refund because Raw showed the same thing.  Not a chance.  If you paid for the Royal Rumble, you got what you paid for.  The Ascension vs The New Age Outlaws and The Bella's vs Paige / Natalya.  Money well spent.

You can see Seth Rollins holding onto his main event spot for the next ten years. He seems completely sure of his abilities, to the point where he'll always protect himself and refuse to just go along with any old shite. His interviews still aren't there yet, but he's getting better and better.

Remember that Shield doco they chucked on the Network? Rollins had a big reputation in NXT as a pain in the arse, albeit a talented pain in the arse, constantly giving those in power there grief about not being on the main roster, and feeling he was light years better than everyone in developmental. Terry Taylor was a talking head on there, and even though it's been a couple of years since that time, he still seems to be gritting his teeth and trying without luck to restrain a dislike of Rollins.

It's a fine line. Triple H seems to admire that attitude, and Vince flip flops on it. So, hopefully Seth doesn't cross the line too drastically while Vinnie Mac's still in power, otherwise he might start jobbing to Kane on Raw.

• Paid Members

Well that was different?

Nice to see dean turn up and get some tv time. 

Reigns didn't do to bad did he. Apart from "im going to beat you, i know it you know it, but if i cant" bit The real star was Paul, he is a master of the interview. 

Also DB saying that he got his maina shot by the universe booing certain people will not help Roman one little bit.

As for showing the whole rumble and main event for free? Just pisses a few more people off.  

• Paid Members

So they've announced Cena VS Rusev at Fast Lane? Bit disappointed by that, takes a bit of a shine off their WrestleMania match if that happens (presumably it will, because you don't really get one ppv match feuds with big guys these days).

I know they'd be struggling for something for Cena to do, but Rusev could've finished his feud with Ryback at Fast Lane.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

So they've announced Cena VS Rusev at Fast Lane? Bit disappointed by that, takes a bit of a shine off their WrestleMania match if that happens (presumably it will, because you don't really get one ppv match feuds with big guys these days).

I know they'd be struggling for something for Cena to do, but Rusev could've finished his feud with Ryback at Fast Lane.

For once im not bothered aslong as rusev leaves him in a heap. Will mean alot more to have Cena come back and win after taking a royal beat down from him

• Paid Members

Turns out that blizzard was the best thing that could have happened to them building up Reigns. They and he did a grand job repairing some of the damage, I thought. The end segment was pretty compelling TV, something we never would have gotten if they went face to face in the ring, in front of a live crowd.

While I'm not a big fan of the whole "my family were wrestlers, so like me", it was still the best bit of character development they've done with Reigns since The Shield split up. He came across great and spoke well and looked cool.

More of this is welcome.

• Paid Members

The Reigns/Brock segment was good but the earlier one with Reigns was shocking. New rule should be that Reigns never smiles. EVER. Reigns and the writers should just sit down one day and watch loads of Clint Eastwood films back to back. Reigns should be fucking Clint Eastwood or Wolverine or Crixus from Spartacus.

Didn't care for the Bryan bit either. I've not been too hot on bryan since he's come back to be honest. He doesn't really have any momentum and his act is exactly the same as when he left.

Seth Rollins is undoubtedly the star of the company at the moment. He's fantastic. He needs the title and soon.

Edited by LaGoosh

Fuck me, reigns looks great in a leather jacket. if he can't do 20 min promos, don't have him do 20 min promos.

The jigsaw is fucked. Start with a new picture that people want to see completed! More of these interviews gets more people over.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, reigns looks great in a leather jacket.

Yeah, I thought the same. Cool as fuck.

The Reigns/Brock segment was good but the earlier one with Reigns was shocking. New rule should be that Reigns never smiles. EVER.

I thought he did OK with the earlier interview. Agree on the smiling though. They're forcing it because he's a babyface. He's not and never will be John Cena. Give it a rest.