The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Bryan spent most of the interview talking himself down and talking Roman Reigns up.

You need to turn the sound up. He spent most of the interview talking about last year, hinting that fans should boo people to get him a better spot and dropping hints about him vs. Lesnar.

The one thing he did say was that he failed at the Royal Rumble and Reigns didn't. Which as Vince Russo wasn't booking this, is exactly what he should say.

• Paid Members

Called Sky, got myself a refund on the Royal Rumble and 6 months free Sky Sports.  Just a heads up.

I don't understand this at all. You rang up and asked for a refund because your favourite wrestler didn't win a match? That's insane! WWE gave you the matches advertised and fulfilled their end of the bargain, unless there was some small printed that stated "Daniel Cryin' is winning the Rumble, Roman Reigns is being eliminated by Hornswoggle, if we change our mind, have your money back."

I presume he means because Sky showed most of it for free 24 hours later.

Called Sky, got myself a refund on the Royal Rumble and 6 months free Sky Sports.  Just a heads up.

I don't understand this at all. You rang up and asked for a refund because your favourite wrestler didn't win a match? That's insane! WWE gave you the matches advertised and fulfilled their end of the bargain, unless there was some small printed that stated "Daniel Cryin' is winning the Rumble, Roman Reigns is being eliminated by Hornswoggle, if we change our mind, have your money back."

I presume he means because Sky showed most of it for free 24 hours later.

You presume correctly.  I do like the idea of calling up Sky to kick off about wrestling results...may give that a go after Mania.

I hate the world we live in some days. Its easy to see why they did it. I miss when people just accepted that shit happens and didn't chase any compo they could get. They usually she the boxing ppvs a few days later on sky sports and I don't see the same action when they do that.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised so many people paid for the Royal Rumble through Sky. Did you not know you can get it for just £9.99

They might not have a way of watching it through their tv, though. Edited by PunkStep

I hate the world we live in some days. Its easy to see why they did it. I miss when people just accepted that shit happens and didn't chase any compo they could get. They usually she the boxing ppvs a few days later on sky sports and I don't see the same action when they do that.

That's how I look at it too. Some people just like to moan.

WWE needed to fill TV time without performers, and they wanted to at least try and progress stories from the Rumble, so showing the footage made sense. A big difference between this broadcast and the Rumble PPV was that everyone knew who won the matches. It was, "Lesnar won, now watch how" and "Reigns won, now watch how". A big difference to watching a PPV live and not knowing what's going to take place.

I mean, I would have loved if they set up a ring in the WWE warehouse and did Raw that way, but that's a ridiculously high expectation of a company that booked the Rumble the way they did. They went the least creative option ever, not even in regards to the winner, everything from the eliminations of Wyatt and Ambrose to Reigns fighting the odds against fucking Kane and Big Show was paint by numbers.

• Moderators

Not really. People don't mind it being free after a fair window of several days. It's the way it's always been, and also Sky and inDemand and whoever are still trying to sell encore presentations. 24 hours is far too soon after paying a recently increased £20 or whatever. It's not liking to moan at all, it's not being made to feel like an idiot for buying something and good customer service. There's several reasons for years the companies have shown stills for the week following a PPV rather than moving images.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Not really. People don't mind it being free after a fair window of several days. It's the way it's always been, and also Sky and inDemand and whoever are still trying to sell encore presentations. 24 hours is far too soon after paying a recently increased £20 or whatever. It's not liking to moan at all, it's not being made to feel like an idiot for buying something and good customer service.

In the circumstances, I think it's just trying to get something for nothing. Good luck to them but they haven't been hard done to.

Not really. People don't mind it being free after a fair window of several days. It's the way it's always been, and also Sky and inDemand and whoever are still trying to sell encore presentations. 24 hours is far too soon after paying a recently increased £20 or whatever. It's not liking to moan at all, it's not being made to feel like an idiot for buying something and good customer service. There's several reasons for years the companies have shown stills for the week following a PPV rather than moving images.

I can totally understand why the companies would be pissed, but for the fans, I feel like there's a ton of difference between a live PPV and a televised show where you're literally told who wins right before they air the match. One of the biggest draws about PPV is watching something live, yeah?