The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Why are people kicking off that Sky customers have asked for refunds? Im pretty sure it was the Sky customers who paid the PPV charge and not some of the crying helmets on here.

The PPV cost 20 quid with encores being shown until Saturday on Sky, as advertised. If you want to want to watch an encore show but did not buy the Rumble to watch live you have to pay 20 quid also.

Sky have then broadcast the majority of the PPV the very next night for free. It doesnt matter if its not Skys fault, they are the broadcaster so they have refunded Sky customers like myself who have (rightly) asked for a refund.

Sorted.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Moderators

SKY are under no obligation to give refunds. They delivered the PPV live as advertised. WWE sticking it on free TV to fill up time is beyond SKY's control

Did everyone who bought ECW Hardcore Heaven 99 demand a refund when they showed RVD v Jerry Lynn the following week on TNN?

When Box Office first started, when it was primarily for boxing, the fight was usually shown on Sky Sports for free a few days later in the middle of the week, you were paying to get it live as it happened

That's not the issue, the issue is that WWE have put SKY in that position where people are going to ask for refunds due to it being "Only on Box Office" as advertisements say. So WWE have put SKY in a bind where refunds are going to be asked for. And again, people are using the "week later" or "few days later" lines.  And yet again, it's not the issue, the issue is that those matches were shown less than 24 hours for free after they retailed at £20. There's a massive difference between one day and five.That money is playing for a "Box Office Exclusive" where the period of exclusivity is fair to say the window is while it's being shown on Box Office, which was compromised by it's showing last night.  Really, Sky should have done what they did in Australia and other others to be honest and fucked the showing of Raw off and put on something else instead and sent WWE a strongly worded letter, especially as SKY are still trying to sell encore presentations. It's WWE's doing, but, unfairly, SKY are going to have to pick up the slack. And evidently SKY agree it shouldn't have been on Sky Sports, or they wouldn't be giving out refunds.

Edited by PowerButchi

Because as Punkstep pointed out on the previous page, they might not be able to watch it through their telly. I imagine most people still prefer watching stuff on the telly in the living room so it's a consideration

EDIT to Widdy

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman

I'm surprised so many people paid for the Royal Rumble through Sky.  Did you not know you can get it for just £9.99

Casual fans might prefer to spend £40 on watching Rumble and Mania than £120 for a year of content they won't watch. People who already pay for Sky and Netflix could easily justify not adding another tenner onto their TV bill each month. 

I prefer to watch the shows on my TV rather than huddled up in front of a laptop.  For me to not have to do that and watch the network I'd have to upgrade my laptop and TV as I don't have the ports to connect them.  Or buy a chrome cast and upgrade my phone or buy a tablet.  After spending all that I'll have paid more than buying the big 4 PPV's

To be fair, my post about people paying Sky for it rather than using the network, was just my poor atempt at being part of the broadcast team where they pretty much insult you for being more money for it.

Plus, wih regards to the answer about having sky and netflix and not wanting to add anoher £10 each month and rather paying £20 for the odd event.  It's £9.99 a month with no comitment.  YOu pay the £9.99 for Mania or the Rumble, and then cancel it, pay half the price, but get a full month worth of content.  So that argument is null and void.  Not having access to hook a laptop up to a TV, or owning a console to watch it through, I totally understand that argument

• Paid Members

Yes well apparently WWE are "so fkn funy wit dey trollin lol", I was delighted to see Bryan indulge in some good old fashioned rabble rousing. They could have a star in Rollins though, the guy needs to be well looked after. He has what every good evil bastard needs, his shit eating grin is a belter. 

Brock Lesnar sounded like Ben Stiller ad libbing when he was going on about a steamroller. That last bit made me want to see their match though. Be interesting to see if Heyman is s face manager or if Reigns goes heel when they eventually team up. I'd guess the former, especially with the comments on The Authority

Apparently the cable channel that airs Raw in Australia (which also does the PPV like with Sky) just pulled it off-air in the middle of the broadcast and stuck on some Simpsons repeats because they figured it was going to destroy their PPV replay business and prompt refund demands.

Utter cunts for doing that! What was their fucking explanation?

• Paid Members

Apparently the cable channel that airs Raw in Australia (which also does the PPV like with Sky) just pulled it off-air in the middle of the broadcast and stuck on some Simpsons repeats because they figured it was going to destroy their PPV replay business and prompt refund demands.

Utter cunts for doing that! What was their fucking explanation?

because they figured it was going to destroy their PPV replay business and prompt refund demands.

That people had paid for it the day before and to save pissing them off and demand their money back, we'll avoid that situation arising. SKY should have just stuck a repeat of The Premirrship Years or that Insanity infomercial

FOX8 is our channel for Raw live, so after showing staggered segments of the title match, I didn't even see the ending of the Lesner sit down when it cut to The Simpsons. Don't know any feedback from any Main Event PPV customers asking for a refund.