The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators

Ha! Such trolling. Didn't like the Rumble match last night? No? Well now you must watch it again on Raw!

Paid for the Rumble last night? Yes? Well now we're giving it away for free the next night on Raw!

WWE is really making friends and influencing people in Chez Butch.

I feel sorry for those that forked out £20 for it on Box Office.

If they've any sense then a phone call to Sky is definitely first on the list. If I'd paid I'd be in no doubt that my money would be refunded no matter what route I had to take for that to happen.

What grounds would people have to get a refund? It's a sucky situation, but if I was representing Sky, I'd just say "too bad". People paid to watch a live event, they were able to watch a live event. Something like technical difficulties would be grounds for a refund.

Same for the crowd chanting "We want refunds" last night. Do people get refunds because they didn't like the end of a movie?

Did you not say the same thing about Paul Burchill? I can never remember whether that was you or not. Are there any wrestlers you feel dropped the ball themselves (and by the same token, any wrestlers who made themselves a success), or is WWE creative solely responsible for everyone's failure/success?

I don't think it's me you are thinking of, though you've asked this same question about Burchill before. I honestly don't remember. Trying to remember specific things that random strangers on an internet forum wrote at least 5 years ago is a bit fucking sad really.

As for your second point, it's your usual black or white, no room for shades of grey bullshit. Of course some wrestlers have dropped the ball, but if creative decides they aren't gonna bother with you anymore, there is literally nothing you can do except kick up a fuss and risk being fired or walk out. 

Examples of those that have dropped the ball...

Ken Kennedy - the man who was about to be a McMahon but shot himself in the foot with the double whammy of going on TV to praise the WWE and tell the kiddies that drugs are bad - before being done for steroids, and then injuring golden boy Randy Orton. Out the door you go.

Brian Kendrick - cool new music, nickname, bodyguard and a solid push. Couldn't stop sneaking off to get high. Fired.

RVD - wins the World Title and ECW Title, gets caught in a car full of weed with Sabu. Titles removed, push halted.

Examples of creative dropping the ball...

Ryback is the unstoppable monster - so we book him into a corner where we have no choice but to make him lose his first big main event matches and then follow it up with a clean loss at Wrestlemania to Henry.

The Wyatt Family - hot as any act in the company at one point, then they split up for no real reason, matches between them are thrown on TV with no buildup and right now Bray is praying Taker comes back for him to have anything to look forward to whatsoever. As for the other two... nothing!

Edited by Dirty Eddie

• Paid Members

Apparently the cable channel that airs Raw in Australia (which also does the PPV like with Sky) just pulled it off-air in the middle of the broadcast and stuck on some Simpsons repeats because they figured it was going to destroy their PPV replay business and prompt refund demands.

• Paid Members

While browsing Twitter at 2am like a serial killer, I noticed #CancelWWENetwork is no.4 Worldwide (not tailored) in trending topics.

I doubt people are cancelling en masse, but thats pretty embarassing that its become a regular thing to say now.

Bloody hell WWE, resorting to ripping off WCW airing your shit for free.

While slagging them off on the Monday Night Wars for doing so...

Goldberg vs DDP was actually worth rewatching too.

I'm more shocked that they'd replay a terrible rumble than annoying subscribers who paid for it. Whether you're happy or not with reigns winning, everyone seemed to agree that it was a poor Rumble. 3/4 million people will watch this shite now! 

Edited by Rob Lowe

Apparently the cable channel that airs Raw in Australia (which also does the PPV like with Sky) just pulled it off-air in the middle of the broadcast and stuck on some Simpsons repeats because they figured it was going to destroy their PPV replay business and prompt refund demands.

Haha that's great. Ballsy move, although people are likely to notice if watching live. Beautiful thing is, it's 1:30 Tuesday arvo here, most people are busy with work/family commitments etc.

I watch every Raw on first row, so doesn't bother me.