The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

It’s a huge shame they wasted that Nia Jax turn on Alexa Bliss last year. Looking back, it achieved pretty much fuck all, and they were back together three weeks later, whereas now that’d be the perfect way for them to build to a match at Mania, allowing Asuka to go challenge Charlotte.

Despite them seemingly confirming they will go with Asuka/Alexa I still think they will switch Asuka to Smackdown after choosing to face Charlotte (possibly after or at Fastlane). I suspect Alexa giving all these approving nods to Nia beating up Asuka lead to it being revealed she has to face her, not Asuka.

No idea how they get there (and not sure this sort of booking helps) but I sense a twist coming.

• Paid Members

I guess if she's facing Nia next week, they could knock the shit out of each other in a really physical affair, and do the mutual respect thing after, leading to Asuka nailing Bliss and heading off to Smackdown, leaving Jax to face Bliss. Asuka turns up at Fastlane at the conclusion of the Charlotte-Ruby Riott match? If they don't go with Asuka heading over, Nia is just lingering about like a spare part, or you make it a three-way? But that surely dilutes Asuka winning the title.

Personally, I'd have Asuka vs Charlotte, given Alexa vs Asuka was a match on Raw only a few weeks ago. You can always have Carmella cash-in after the match then too, leading to Asuka going full on murder-death-kill rampage for a bit after Mania. 

I haven’t watched much raw lately, but given how hhh took out angle, and they had Braun just miss them arriving, at all possible angle puts Braun in against hhh and Steph? They didn’t do a follow up on them did they? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve still got this feeling Strowman will be added to the Universal Title match, 

They're far too tone deaf for that. Having bottled the big Reigns spaff once before, they'll feel compelled to have him go over Lesnar with no shenanigans, excuses or mitigating circumstances, oblivious to the fact it achieves a fraction of what it might have three years ago.

• Paid Members

It’s a super minor thing, but something that’s really starting to get on my tits is the  way, in storyline, Wrestlemania is promoted less as a show where rivalries are finally settled and more as a weird “event,” that everyone wants to attend. Cena crying that he wont be on the show, or everyone talking about how they need their, “road to Wrestlemania.” Its proper shit. 

It struck me the most when Kurt Angle told the Miz that if people interfered in his match then he wouldn’t be allowed to go to Wrestlemania. It was like a parent threatening to punish their child. If you don’t eat all your vegetables you won’t be allowed to go to your friends birthday party!

Edited by Supremo

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s a super minor thing, but something that’s really starting to get on my tits is the  way, in storyline, Wrestlemania is promoted less as an event where rivalries are finally settled and more as a weird “event,” that everyone wants to attend. Cena crying that he wont be on the show, or everyone talking about how they need their, “road to Wrestlemania.” Its proper shit. 

It struck me the most when Kurt Angle told the Miz that if people interfered in his match then he wouldn’t be allowed to go to Wrestlemania. It was like a parent threatening to punish their child. If you don’t eat all your vegetables you won’t be allowed to go to your friends birthday party!

See, I wouldn't actually mind that if Wrestlemania, was how it should be and have 9/10 matches between the biggest stars, best rivalries etc. Everyone fighting to be on the biggest show of the year.

But we all know that it will be 7 hours long, with about 15 matches and every bugger possible gets on the card anyway in weird multi person matches or battle royals or whatever.

The last couple have been a real mess and I fully expect this one to be too, which is a shame looking at the potential main events.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s a super minor thing, but something that’s really starting to get on my tits is the  way, in storyline, Wrestlemania is promoted less as a show where rivalries are finally settled and more as a weird “event,” that everyone wants to attend.

I'd disagree with the part that WrestleMania is where rivalries are (or should be) finally settled. Historically, I think they actually used to use that tagline for SummerSlam back in the day. WrestleMania is just as well known for kick-starting feuds as well as culminating them- given that you often see 'dream matches' on the show, and those matches then continue as feuds thereafter.

Also, I have no problem with the wrestlers dying to be part of the show. It is WrestleMania after all. I love the fact that these days they make such a huge deal out of it, really makes it feel something special, like it did back in the early days. Quite a few Mania's during the 90s were quite forgettable, and part of that was due to the lack of that WrestleMania 'magic'. I'm looking at 11, 13, 15 and 16 (I know it was 2000) in particular.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

13 was far from forgettable.

One match show. Bret/Austin was an incredible match of course, but overall it was still a pretty crap Mania that didn't have that Wrestlemania 'feel' to it.

Edited by PunkStep