The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

I'd be up for Cena/Joe at Mania, certainly a fresh matchup for both.

I could actually see them facing off at Elimination Chamber first, then again at Mania so Cena can get his win back.

Depends how much they are going to try and pretend Cena is a free agent I guess. 

I know EC has been used to determine a #1 contender, but I wonder if this year they will use it for the title itself.  A three-way at the Rumble easily gives them scope to have the unbeaten participant claim he never lost, the beaten person could claim it wasn't 1v1, Lesnar (if he were to lose) could claim his rematch, and then it wouldn't be hard to work the likes of Joe / Reigns / Balor in somehow - last Raw person in the Rumble or something.

Then maybe, if Joe has eliminated Cena at the Rumble, have Cena get involved somehow and set up the Mania match?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, FourtyTwo said:

Depends how much they are going to try and pretend Cena is a free agent I guess. 

I know EC has been used to determine a #1 contender, but I wonder if this year they will use it for the title itself.  A three-way at the Rumble easily gives them scope to have the unbeaten participant claim he never lost, the beaten person could claim it wasn't 1v1, Lesnar (if he were to lose) could claim his rematch, and then it wouldn't be hard to work the likes of Joe / Reigns / Balor in somehow - last Raw person in the Rumble or something.

Then maybe, if Joe has eliminated Cena at the Rumble, have Cena get involved somehow and set up the Mania match?

Have you forgotten about The Plan?

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I really hope Taker doesn't come back for that, I'd hate to see him as a total underdog at 'Mania. Who's going to buy him beating Cena now?

Actually I think that could have a brilliant dynamic to it. Old washed up man desperate to prove he has one last fight left in him, firstly trying to convince himself he can win and then trying to convince everyone else. Plus it's not as though John is SuperCena anymore, he's shown more arse over the past year or so than Gazza on a bender.

27 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah I really don't want Undertaker to come back. Mania last year was the perfect send off.

Completely disagree. I thought it was a lukewarm sendoff. Compare that to Flair and HBK's final matches- his 'last match' pales in comparison. He needs to go out with a bigger and better show than that, with everyone pretty much knowing beforehand this is gonna be his last dance. The much awaited Cena match, with smoke and mirrors galore, would be perfect. I'm in.

Edited by PunkStep

They've just announced, he suffered a suspected plantar fascia rupture, which puts him out of the Mixed Match Challenge and possibly a few weeks (WebMD et al say 6-8 weeks, but I'd say he'll fight to be cleared for the rumble.). Bayley has a new partner, which if they could be bothered, will make for interesting booking. 

The web marks are calling work to fix the poll, ah IWC, how I love your logic

Edited by bigfoote
Doog beat me to it

That was supposedly, if you believe newsletters and dirt sheets, what was planned for Wrestlemania 32, but Cena was out with an injury at the end of the previous year, and while they seemed to try and give him as much time as they could for him back, it didn't happen in time so we got the Shane match instead

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Actually I think that could have a brilliant dynamic to it. Old washed up man desperate to prove he has one last fight left in him, firstly trying to convince himself he can win and then trying to convince everyone else. Plus it's not as though John is SuperCena anymore, he's shown more arse over the past year or so than Gazza on a bender.

Absolutely agree on, though the "old washed up man proving he has one fight left in him" is a dynamic they should have been doing with Undertaker since at least when he lost the streak, if not from the first of the two big matches with Triple H. When the streak was intact, it should have been about Undertaker becoming increasingly desperate to hold on to it because it was all he had left, once he'd lost it, it should have been about Undertaker proving that he wasn't done yet, or fighting like a mad-man because he had nothing left to lose.

And every year they seem to hint at it, that Undertaker's getting older, that it's his last stand, and so on - then they sort of dial it back and he's back to being a supernatural unbeatable entity. While I wouldn't have wanted to see Bray Wyatt defeat 'Taker at Wrestlemania, that they basically had him come back after losing the streak to wrestle a bog-standard Undertaker match as if nothing had changed always struck me as a wasted opportunity.

If he does come back, it needs to be as a far more human character. No supernatural nonsense, don't even dye his hair, just come out as a grizzled, grey-bearded old bloke who won't take any shit. They won't do it, because while it's a compelling story, it's not one that necessarily has money in it, and they want Wrestlemania Moments, they want the crowd to always see their favourites at their best - when they don't even want wrestlers selling injuries a day after the fact, there's no way they're going to want to let Undertaker sell the aging process.

I'd still like to see Cena/Taker at Mania. Especially if Taker is the desperate veteran wanting to go out on his terms, ie a win in his last match.

If Joe is out for 6-8 weeks though, It still give him plenty of time to come back for a Mania storyline.

Reigns/Lesnar, AJ/Nakamura, Cena/Taker and say Strowman/HHH is a strong top end of the card for Mania, just a shame they would fill that up with another 5 hours of garbage beforehand, leaving no one to give a shit about the said matches by the time they come along.

Edited by The King of Old School