The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Hijacked during the women's segment is a terrible description. The heel getting annoyed so the fans winding her up a bit more and giving the face a top reaction is hardly hijacked.

I was there live and really enjoyed it, I'm used to the shite WWE live events so it felt different, I've not watched it back on TV to see how it came across. Crowd were quiet for certain parts but never silent. When the big guns were out, the crowd were into it.

Sheamus was the most entertaining I've seen him since I can remember.

• Paid Members

So Zayn to win the IC title, then get drafted to Smackdown after Team Blue win three draft picks?

I thought that. When someone asked recently about the logic of drafting Zayn - him holding the IC title will definitely solve that.

Agreed. Cheap heat is the best heat. If they let their heels do this in every town, they might get booed.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I couldn't believe Sasha Banks sauntered out as though she'd been on holiday just over a week after they'd done the whole serious injury sell-job on commentary at Hell In A Cell. She goes through that but they can just tape her back together? Don't even get me started on Nia Jax. At least they've stopped banging on about her being The Rock's cousin now. It was nice to see Noam Dar get a run out and not have to do the job in front of his home fans. I just hope all these tensions on the teams are played into at Survivor Series.

Really fun show live. Nice arena that looked like a tiny set-up in person, but after watching a video from Raw, is another great smoke and mirrors job by WWE's production team.

A lot of fun from Jericho, Owens, Enzo & Cass (and less so Rollins) after it went off air. Including Owens dancing like Enzo and Jericho saying "my name is Big Chris and I'm 5'11" tall, and you can't teach that!"

Thankfully only a couple of nobheads, trying to do ICW chants and for some reason inflating balloons.

That being said, I pissed myself when some other bloke shouted to Charlotte: "yer dar sells Avon".

Thoroughly enjoyed being there last night for the first time in ages. 

I was happy to see Noam Dar get the home town debut that he deserved.

Felt some of the matches hurt the crowd a little bit, like Golden Truth VS Shining Stars. Was never going to get any massive reaction out of anyone. That said though, crowd were decent throughout.

I don't get the whole outcry over "hijacking" a segment. Bayley was super over. The heel was doing her work. There was a fairly decent amount of little girls dressed like Bayley (in my section, a wee girl no older than maybe 5, hair done like Bayley, wee homemade wrist tassles, and a Bayley shirt. Her reaction when Bayley walked out was priceless and makes you smile). So, it wasn't just a case of wanting to "be that crowd", like I've read in some places today. It was genuine. 

The hydro is a good arena, but the ingress arrangements are terrible. There is a lack of concession stands. (At no point in the night did I see it quiet). And the toilets in my section were pretty poor. (one stall for the whole section?).

But, that said, I'm delighted to have finally been able to attend a TV taping in my home country. 

Went to the RAW taping last night. Okay show, fun to be there live but I can't imagine it will translate to television well. The Hydro is an odd venue isn't it? Pretty cool in some ways I thought and better food than your usual large venue.

Merch was disappointing last night.

Highlights include Noam Darr getting a great reaction, forgetting how loud WWE Pyro can be, Dallas wandering around in a gangster looking suit and the ICW references. The crowd were surprisingly good live. I thought it would be full of wankers.

So much filler on the show why bother with The Shooting Stars?! There shit.

SmackDown tonight!

Edited by Professor Paul's Bin

I don't get the criticism of ICW references - there weren't any really other than when Noam Dar came out which is perfectly normal. It's similar to when an ECW star used to turn up and fans would chant "EC Dub". No big deal that there were ICW chants when he first came out. Other than that, I didn't hear anything else about ICW all night.

As for the pyro, I was at the bar when the opening pyro went off and it sounded like a fucking shooter had got in - how loud was that!?

Word. He seems like a great house show hand as well, where he's allowed flourish with his constant stupid lines and heel craicisms. One of the guys who make house shows worthwhile for us lot by treating them as novel let-your-hair-downs.

• Paid Members

So Zayn to win the IC title, then get drafted to Smackdown after Team Blue win three draft picks?

I thought that. When someone asked recently about the logic of drafting Zayn - him holding the IC title will definitely solve that.

Definitely. He should've been on Smackdown to begin with, to logically keep him and Owens away from each other. the question is, who else moves over with them? Surely they must put some sort of stipulation in place somehow where you can't select someone from, say, the male 5 VS 5 match. Otherwise, you'll look like a dick when you pick Cesaro & Sheamus (which is my guess) over the Universal Champion Owens and Roman Reigns. Perhaps as others have suggested, winning team members are exempt from being drafted, and they can have the Raw team win that match.

What a dreadful, dreadful Wrestling show that was.

What the fuck is Zayn doing challenging for a Smackdown title, I predict we are 2 and a half weeks away from the Brand Split being even recognised and cross pollination happening on a show to show basis, the lack of discipline within this company is truly frightening. Sure, they will have a nice flippy floppy, sell your arse off match but who gives a flying fuck about it, why would you.

Braun needs to shut his mouth and be a monster, he sounds like some retard off duck dynasty and it throws me off.

That New Day/Club match was atrocious, absolute crickets from the Scots.

Steph lamenting another Wrestler whilst he bows down to her was par for course, and I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say he never gets a verbal retort or come back. What a slag.

What the fuck is Zayn doing challenging for a Smackdown title, I predict we are 2 and a half weeks away from the Brand Split being even recognised and cross pollination happening on a show to show basis, the lack of discipline within this company is truly frightening. Sure, they will have a nice flippy floppy, sell your arse off match but who gives a flying fuck about it, why would you.

Isnt it because the whole point of this PPV is a Brand Vs Brand show? Even though there is a possibility that Zayn could win it, or this supposed "winners of the big matches get a draft pick" thing, but does it matter that much?

Zayn winning it would be cool for me, regardless of if he stays on RAW or not. Ziggler has been very good recently, but I'm tired of him. Plus the idea of "smackdown loses a title" is interesting to me, at least in the short term. 

• Paid Members

Braun needs to shut his mouth and be a monster, he sounds like some retard off duck dynasty and it throws me off.

Steph lamenting another Wrestler whilst he bows down to her was par for course, and I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say he never gets a verbal retort or come back. What a slag.

Zayn beating Rusev here, then beating Ziggler at Survivor Series (in Canada, so he should have great reactions) only to smugly waltz to Smackdown with the IC belt would be all the revenge on Steph he needs? On screen, Sami isn't the type to be drawn into verbal bitchery so easily.

Steph lamenting another Wrestler whilst he bows down to her was par for course, and I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say he never gets a verbal retort or come back. What a slag.

Zayn beating Rusev here, then beating Ziggler at Survivor Series (in Canada, so he should have great reactions) only to smugly waltz to Smackdown with the IC belt would be all the revenge on Steph he needs? On screen, Sami isn't the type to be drawn into verbal bitchery so easily.

How is that revenge on Steph? She lost a meaningless nobody that we've been told is a total geek that stood and took that verbal beatdown like a little bitch. She just told us how much of a loser he is. Why would she care that he leaves? He's a dork with a shit face and shit music who's positively page levels of annoying, remember? If he leaves Raw, it's actually a win for her.

To make it work....If he wins, he'd have to go back to Raw where she would say how great he is and how happy she was that she has him and the IC belt on raw. Then he can tell her to fuck off and he can nonsensically go to Smackdown for no reason, adding further ridicule to the bland split. Then she'd have to have some sort of character change otherwise its all for nothing and rendered meaningless by the next show.

Smackdown is, as usual, the big loser in this scenario if he wins. You have the geek from Raw that only occasionally gets on TV that's also been ridiculed by a woman for being an annoying shit, come and beat your number two babyface champion making you look like the Z show again. The obvious way to avoid all of this though, is not have Steph bury all your fucking wrestlers!

But let's be honest, No one gives Stephanie her comeuppance, certainly not Sami Zayn. Zayn to drop the IC belt to Curt Hawkins at TLC.