The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

My expectations for the Brooklyn show were set high. A popular market in New York and an anticipating prospect of them doing some really good work turned sour by the 15 minute mark in summary. The one main issue I had with Vince McMahon was how was Reigns going to look once the opening segment ended? Reigns just crept out of the ring and quietly walked out of sight from the camera leaving those folks at home in the know thinking what the fuck is going on here!

Does anyone actually really think it's a good idea to have Vince feature on tv presenting Roman Reigns in a force feeding role, and turning the attention away back to himself. He just looked terrible out there unfortunately. Nonetheless it's the show they gave everyone and was certainly not one the fans had wanted, expected or what could have been.

The Rock announcement via Instagram was an insane decision to make I thought. First place to tell the world would be an exclusive on Raw you'd imagine, followed by the Network and various announcements on social media thereafter.

Hardly a dynamic announcement overall. I'm sure the new advertisement of Smackdown moving to USA was shown only once on Raw as that's what I picked up on FOX8 here on the broadcast. Next Monday will likely have more promos put out, an ending to Raw leading into the new Smackdown perhaps, or maybe even a sighting or segment with Mauro featured.

Kevin Owens, once he goes through Ambrose, I can see being the stand out guy to face Lesner at Mania. Owens and Heyman going back and forth on the mic, plots set and executed, piss the beast off to build this great prospect. Owens is the best heel talker by a country mile. Best in the company I think. Next year should be a good year for KO. Let's hope they let him.

The Cena/Del Rio match looked as false on Cena's part throughout. When the girlfriend's telling you whilst watching that Cena looks so obvious in his moves and setting up a sequence of moves looking like kiddy stuff, then you know she's on the money as a non fan of this product! She'd rather watch Lucha Underground for realness overall (her words not mine!)

• Paid Members

knowing that Vince was on made this the first full Raw i've watched in probably 6-8 months, it's never good to tune in after that amount of time and feel that everything is exactly the same, nothing new going on. As always though there was a couple of things i enjoyed, most of it i didn't.

I thought the opening segment was decent enough, Steph killed it with her overacting but it was cool to see Vince ham it up again. The geriatric line was quality though. Vince returning at the end was painful though, it felt like he'd either forgotten what to say or that he was waiting for the show to fade out because just shouting 'Happy New Year' over and over to a crowd that just shit all over your announcement was just tough viewing.

Big Show getting slayed was brutal too.

It probably won't happen but I love the idea of the authority dominating Reigns and cheating all ways to try to win then The Rock's music hitting. A rock-bottom to Sheamus, Vince and HHH then a spear to Sheamus from Reigns. Rock then sticks the refs shirt on or taps the three with Vince's hand.

Ah, fantasy booking based off the attitude era eh? Sounds great. Probably get a Reigns win, Vince getting speared and HHH coming down with the sledgehammer right enough.

It probably won't happen but I love the idea of the authority dominating Reigns and cheating all ways to try to win then The Rock's music hitting. A rock-bottom to Sheamus, Vince and HHH then a spear to Sheamus from Reigns. Rock then sticks the refs shirt on or taps the three with Vince's hand.

Ah, fantasy booking based off the attitude era eh? Sounds great. Probably get a Reigns win, Vince getting speared and HHH coming down with the sledgehammer right enough.

I can't really see 70 year old Vince being speared by Reigns, but stranger things have happened in WWE. Reigns setting up to spear Vince and then HHH returning I could see though.

I just can't see them doing an 8 man main event like that, maybe a little more likely at the Rumble but that's a lot of guys possibly taken out of the Rumble match itself. Surely they're going to have Roman standing at the end of Mania with the title held aloft?

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Is there any way they might consider a 4 vs 4 encounter based on Vince digging at the reigns family heritage at mania? Along the lines of Rock, Roman, Uso's vs a 4 team of Sheamus, Barrett, Rusev and HHH. Along with another Cena vs Del Rio match?

Is the guy that's currently the WWE Champion and likely to still be WWE Champion come Mania going to be in a 4 vs 4 match at Mania?

Let's be polite and say no.

Here's a scenario. It is Roman vs HHH at Royal Rumble, and the League get involved and then The Rocks music hits and helps Roman to victory but over shadows Roman. Later in the night Rock is a surprise entrant in the rumble and wins. Roman comes out to celebrate with The Rock like Rock did to him last year but then attacks Rock. Roman is basically sick of being in Dwayne's shadow. And we get Roman vs Rock at Mania for the championship