The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Was Del Rio entertaining in Lucha Underground and ROH?

I've seen a few people say that but at the minute it sounds like those claims that Albert had gotten really good in Japan. Del Rio looks bored as fuck himself.

I only seen one match from him in LU because I didn't watch all that much of it, it was against John Morrison at Ultima Lucha. Two guys I cannot stand yet I was far more entertained by both than I ever have been before, I actually enjoyed watching them.

• Paid Members

I liked Del Rio before and I liked him in his LU role and ROH appearances.

Two straight TV bouts with R-Truth are not helping my case that he's not boring though. Plus as mentioned, he doesn't look very happy here.

• Paid Members

Del Rio really does look miserable, like he knows the creative is terrible. I just can't take to him. I think his original presentation with Ricardo and the flash cars and entrance projected much more charisma than he's shown since. He sounds like a right cunt in real life so you'd think that'd work with his character but he's just so dry and white bread now.

He's someone who'd in theory have benefitted from time away, but having watched him in Lucha Underground and now his being back so soon in WWE in segments with the same old people, it doesn't feel like he went away at all.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

I think Del Rio is a great talent, but the creative is awful undercard stuff. While I'm actually pretty happy to see them writing storyline material for midcard feuds, this angle just feels like it's going to miss way more than it hits. I like Zeb, but Alberto doesn't need him and the heels-on-wheels thing gives it a comedy slant that really isn't suited to Del Rio's strengths.

They should have Zeb manage Dash and Dawson in NXT or something.

• Paid Members

He's someone who'd in theory have benefitted from time away, but having watched him in Lucha Underground and now his being back so soon in WWE in segments with the same old people, it doesn't feel like he went away at all.

Makes perfect sense. After all, he left because of the backstage situation, not because he was stale and he'd done it all, wrestled everyone and there was nothing fresh for him to do or targets to achieve within his reach. They'd lose half the roster if they pruned based on the latter.

• Paid Members

Del Rio has never appealed to me either as a face or heel. I just don't 'get' him at all and never really seen any matches that drew my interest.

It's an interesting one for me, because I believe he has the ability to be someone I like or can buy in to, it's just that he bores me.

There have been a few occassions in which I keep thinking, why not use him as somewhat of a special attraction in the ring. Give him a Tony Montana white suit, be a nasty piece of shit, a couple of heavies (big hernandez springs to mind), fuck people over but then going against him is the pay off.

It's stereotypical shit, but for fuck sake, it's a character I think he could easily pull off, especially with him smarmy mug.

so Jack Jobber is now in US title contention. Couple months ago he was having his entrance skipped on his rare Raw appearances. Both guys are impressive in the ring but blimey this is a bit of a step down after Cena's reigns innit?

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Pretty dull show for the most part. Heavy on tournament matches which is fine but I don't find them any different to the usual matches. Credit to them for trying though. And for selling Smackdown on the back of it. That makes a nice change.

The brackets are odd. Two tag wrestlers stuck in there in Kalisto and Titus. And the quarters setting up two babyface matches. They really do Reigns no favours. Now he's going to knock out Cesaro. That'll get the harsher crowds behind him! Should be a corking match though.

Not sure why they didn't put Wyatt and some of the family in it. Why wouldn't he be in in reality? Because he's already got a feud? Should have put him in and had him distracted by Taker's music or something.

Loved the closing segment. Thought there was no way Taker & Kane would show up on a UK Raw so it was a cool surprise when they walked out. Not sure the match sells now they've just destroyed the Wyatts though!

Opening segment was OK but crowd didn't seem that into it so it fell flat. Trips' stuff probably went on too long. Not sure hammering home how much of a 100% good guy Roman is does much for him. Might cling on to the 1% chance this is a swerve.

Edited by tiger_rick